+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My youngest went through the worst regression at 4 months that lasted 6 weeks. She was waking every hour nearly. It nearky killed me as she was sleeping through from 1 week old but I just put her in bed with me until it passed and fed her lying down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My motto was whatever gets them back to sleep the quickest. For me it wasn't a bottle as she took sooooo long to drink it then burp her etc. I would only give a bottle once at 1am, the rest were cuddles and rocked to sleep. But mine wasn't actually a sleep regression so maybe it's different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies for all your replies. I just went through the worst last night. Hourly waking from 7pm till 6am. I am exhausted!
    He won't go back to sleep with a simple pat, everytime he wakes up he would scream. I had to rock him for ages. He didn't want a feed either, only wanted feeds during his normal feeding times. I just can't figure out what's going on with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hugs!

Could your little one be teething? I don't know, if you've investigated that, but you never know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default 4 month old waking up hourly over night!

Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    Thanks ladies for all your replies. I just went through the worst last night. Hourly waking from 7pm till 6am. I am exhausted!
    He won't go back to sleep with a simple pat, everytime he wakes up he would scream. I had to rock him for ages. He didn't want a feed either, only wanted feeds during his normal feeding times. I just can't figure out what's going on with him.
    If this is what he's doing, then it's got 4 month sleep regression written all over it. How do you settle him to sleep at the start of the night?

One way to rule out teeth is to give a dose of paracetamol and teething gel at the first wake up and see if it makes any difference. If not - it's likely the regression.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (07-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (07-05-2015),tubster  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have given him Panadol and gel and doesn't make a difference. His day sleeps are still good.
    Start of the night we do the bath, then quiet time in the living room with the kids, then kids goes to their room with DH for some reading while I give him a feed in the room. Before he would get really sleepy during the feeds and then I give him cuddles to fall fully asleep then I put him into the cot. For the past 2 weeks he would drink and as soon as I move him he would scream and scream. So I have been rocking him. Same as when he wakes up hourly. I would have to rock him and walk around and bounce him otherwise he would keep on screaming and wakes up the other kids (then it's all over 😁)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I know it's hard but if bub is going to sleep with an aid (rocking/patting/feeding) then it's going to make the 4 month regression a whole lot more horrible for a whole lot longer. Try stopping doing whatever you are doing while bub is drowsy but before bub is asleep.

Have a squiz at that article I posted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 4.5 month old is eating solids each night around 5.30pm, milk feed at 6.30, bed at 7, top up feed at 8, then sleeps through til 3am, milk feed, then sleeps til 6am.

Her naps are 8.30-9.30am, 11.30-2.30pm, and a cat nap at 5.

I think the solids and keeping her warm with sleeping bag etc make a big difference as she was waking frequently prior to staring solids, and watching us eat, making chewing motions etc.

If she wakes between 8pm and 3am I try the dummy before I try a milk feed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

tubster  (13-05-2015)