+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you have a pressure cooker?

I was thinking of getting one, but have not really had any experience with them.

What do you cook in them? Do you get enough use out of it?

What brand do you have? Is it electric or a stove top one?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a pressure cooker and slow cooker in one yesterday! Last night i cooked curried sausages on the pressure function and mexican chicken today on the slow function. Love it so far! I dont know what else to cook but it came with a little recipe book, you can cook rice, curries, meat..basically anything but you halve or quarter the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I do but I really don't know how to use it well. It was the el cheapo one from coles.

It does make the best braised steak in gravy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto to all the above comments. Love it. Cooked a ragu in 30 mins tonight, good for fast osso bucco too 😛. Love the idea of a slow cooker too but am always a 'spontaneous' cook so wouldn't work for me like the pressure cooker does.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love mine. It is my saviour. We eat a lot of wet food and it is just awesome for making the meat so tender and falls apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing would love to buy one

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I found everything tasted the same in the slow cooker so invested in a pressure cooker a couple of years ago and I love it - I make the usual stuff casseroles, bolognaise, curry and its all full of flavour and very tender. Curry that I would normally cook for 4 hours I can do in 1 hour. Bolognaise tgat I would normally simmer for 6 hours I can do in 2 ... But you can cook things in far less time than that, but that's the way I cook. I'd definitely recommend getting one if you're an avid home cook.

ETA mine is stovetop
    Last edited by emski72; 03-05-2015 at 23:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a Nuwave 5 in 1for about a year now and love it. I used to have a slow cooker and a rice-risotto cooker but use the pressure cooker function for everything I used to do in those. 40 minutes pressure = 6-8 hours slow cooker.

If getting an electric one, make sure you get one with a 'brown' function so you can do it all in the one pot.

I use it for any casserole, bolognese, soups, chilli, risotto, pot roast, pulled meat, fried rice (pressure cook rice &veg, then switch to brown and fry it up). In winter I use it at least twice a week plus eat 2 other meals a week from the freezer that I batch-cooked in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an old school stove top pressure cooker and I use it nearly very night to steam our veggies! Sooooo quick! Once it gets to pressure it's about 3 minutes and they're done.I also cook porcupine meatballs in there. I use my slow cooker for all casseroles though, just haven't tried the pressure Cooker with them- maybe I should try!! I love my pressure cooker!