+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's ridiculous, I've never heard of anyone being charged for NAPLAN.

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Surely as a government mandated test there is no cost to parents - ridiculous. Definitely make a stink and refuse.

The school also 'benefits' from good results, so how dare they charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never heard of parents being charged for NAPLAN either. I'm not a fan of it at the best of times, so there is no way I would pay for DS to sit the test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have never heard of parents being charged for their child to sit NAPLAN. I have friends with kids in both private and public, and no-one has been charged. My kids are in a public school and we don't get charged.

No way would I pay the $40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I just did some digging for you. It says the test is $45 per student to administer and it's up to the education bodies in each state to decide how to fund it.

So it's possible the school was being charged and they don't want to wear the costs. I would argue that private school fees, compulsory 'donations' and the like would more than cover it.

I am biased because I am intensely anti-NAPLAN but no, there would be no impact to the girls. It shouldn't be used as an isolated assessment tool within the classroom and their teachers should be able to provide evidence of how they are travelling without referring to the test at all.

If they really can't cope with that they could always download last year's test from the website and do it for HW if they want to use it as evidence.

The only thing I can think of is some private schools examine a child's NAPLAN results before accepting them as a student, so that may impact their high school?
    I'm yet to meet a teacher that thinks wonderful things about NAPLAN lol.

DS has done 2 and never had to pay but that's public primary school. Like others have said, I'd get exemptions for them.