+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I agree I would use iTunes. You can download them directly onto your iPad and it's easier. We can help :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely iTunes. It's pretty easy to use once you have it set up. Do you have a friend who can help you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    iTunes would definitely be the easiest way. You can do it on your iPad. Just click on the iTunes app, look for what movie you want and hit buy. If you haven't set up an iTunes account you will need to do that (I'm sure it will come up when you hit buy) including entering credit card details to pay. Then you just wait for it to download and it will be there to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    Hi, I'm also looking to find out but I'm looking for movies I already have downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    You cant 'move' your movies from your non apple hard drive to the Ipad. We had the same problem, it sucks!
    I have an app called "cineXplayer" on my iPad.

- Download the app.
    - Hook up your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
    - in the "app" section (I think) of your device, you can actually upload movies, TV shows etc you have downloaded onto your computer.
    I've never once purchased a movie or tv show from iTunes.

If you want I can hook it up tomorrow and give you more specific instructions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I don't use iTunes ever, no idea how. I find it very confusing

I am looking to either download free movies or don't mind paying for them either, it's more that I just want to be able to go to a site, find the movie and click download.

I want to bypass iTunes if possible
    You just described iTunes...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Honeslty, I think that iTunes would be a lot easier to use in this case, particularly since you're using an iPad. The program is specifically made for it.

If you download movies from elsewhere (legally of course ), you run the risk of encountering formatting problems (files are the wrong type to play on Apple devices). Apple devices use a very specific operating system that's incompatible with pretty much everything ever and as far as I know, it's not actually possible to directly transfer a file from your computer to an iPad.

Edit: Google tells me that there are some ways around it but they're quite fiddly. You generally need third party software on your computer and other apps in place of iTunes. Or you can use a cloud service to store your files and then play them directly BUT you'd be ********* them, so every time you access them you'd run through your data. Which is fine if you have unlimited internet on your device. Not so great if you're relying on a small amount of data.

Edit ii: There's a dropbox offline option (no *********, so you won't use your connection). It's outlined in the first tutorial option.

Some tutorials / links for you because I don't have an iPad to practice with right now.

How to put movies on your iPad without iTunes. (dropbox solution here)

Some tips from the whirlpool forums.

Apple tutorial for using iTunes store on iPad.

Wikihow tutorial (they're usually really easy to follow).

A couple of different ways to download movies to iPad, including iTunes.

The good thing is, if you figure out the iTunes app and become comfortable with it, you'll be able to do all of your music and movie management through your iPad. Then you can waste your life away on podcasts and new music and ebooks too.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or problems. I'm not an iPad expert, or even a lover of Apple products, but my Google-fu is excellent and I'm pretty good with tech stuff.
    In regards to the formatting issues VLC will play any format (pretty much) and last time I checked they had an app in the App Store (though it has been pulled in the past so I can't be certain without double checking). VLC is the bomb.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    In regards to the formatting issues VLC will play any format (pretty much) and last time I checked they had an app in the App Store (though it has been pulled in the past so I can't be certain without double checking). VLC is the bomb.
    Word, man. VLC is the most awesome thing ever to be awesome.

I didn't realise they had an app. I suppose that's a bit naive of me - there's an app for everything!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Word, man. VLC is the most awesome thing ever to be awesome.

I didn't realise they had an app. I suppose that's a bit naive of me - there's an app for everything!
    It's been sporadically out of the App Store because, well, I'm not sure. But it was pulled for well over a year before it came back. Luckily it still worked if you already had it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies! Haven't had a chance to read them yet as with my dad who is meant to be having his heart surgery. But they postponed it so we are trying to figure out what's happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh gosh, @SAgirl, I hope he's okay. My thoughts are with you and your family.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (06-05-2015)