+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Downloading movies to iPad

What is the best way to download a movie to iPad?

I think it's 16gb.

I am not tech savvy at all! But I need some movies or shows to watch while I am waiting in the hospital while my dad has his heart surgery on Tuesday.

Thanks

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do you mean from itunes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Through iTunes. Think it needs to be MP4 format to work though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm ok I have no idea how iTunes works. AT ALL.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Are you wanting to pay for and download movies from the iTunes Store? Or are you talking about movies you already have on your hard drive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm also looking to find out but I'm looking for movies I already have downloaded?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You cant 'move' your movies from your non apple hard drive to the Ipad. We had the same problem, it sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For movies you already have downloaded, make sure they are in MP4 format. Then open the movie in iTunes on your computer. Plug iPad into computer. Drag from your videos folder in iTunes to your iPad.

Otherwise, go to the iTunes Store on your iPad. Browse the movies or TV shows sections, if you see one you want to buy, click on buy and it will then give you the option of storing it in the cloud or downloading to your device. Choose download (make sure you are connected to a wifi network though as the files are very large).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use iTunes ever, no idea how. I find it very confusing

I am looking to either download free movies or don't mind paying for them either, it's more that I just want to be able to go to a site, find the movie and click download.

I want to bypass iTunes if possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honeslty, I think that iTunes would be a lot easier to use in this case, particularly since you're using an iPad. The program is specifically made for it.

If you download movies from elsewhere (legally of course ), you run the risk of encountering formatting problems (files are the wrong type to play on Apple devices). Apple devices use a very specific operating system that's incompatible with pretty much everything ever and as far as I know, it's not actually possible to directly transfer a file from your computer to an iPad.

Edit: Google tells me that there are some ways around it but they're quite fiddly. You generally need third party software on your computer and other apps in place of iTunes. Or you can use a cloud service to store your files and then play them directly BUT you'd be ********* them, so every time you access them you'd run through your data. Which is fine if you have unlimited internet on your device. Not so great if you're relying on a small amount of data.

Edit ii: There's a dropbox offline option (no *********, so you won't use your connection). It's outlined in the first tutorial option.

Some tutorials / links for you because I don't have an iPad to practice with right now.

How to put movies on your iPad without iTunes. (dropbox solution here)

Some tips from the whirlpool forums.

Apple tutorial for using iTunes store on iPad.

Wikihow tutorial (they're usually really easy to follow).

A couple of different ways to download movies to iPad, including iTunes.

The good thing is, if you figure out the iTunes app and become comfortable with it, you'll be able to do all of your music and movie management through your iPad. Then you can waste your life away on podcasts and new music and ebooks too.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or problems. I'm not an iPad expert, or even a lover of Apple products, but my Google-fu is excellent and I'm pretty good with tech stuff.
    Last edited by snowqu33n; 03-05-2015 at 18:56.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (04-05-2015)