+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH is at a Start Up Weekend conference thing at the uni, so it will just be DD and I.

I know she will spoil me with affection and gifts. I've booked us in for breakfast together too, so it will be lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    My present is not having to visit MIL.
    DH will take dd round for lunch to their place as is their tradition, my present is I don't have to come this year
    (DH told mil I'm working but that's a lie)
    Oh id love that! However DP is instead inviting her over for dinner.

My very first Mothers Day and DD wont be home when i wake, lunch will be with my dying grandmother (that part i have no issue with) and dinner with my MIL who constantly sucks up to me knowing im the reason she barely sees DD. So first mothers day and 100% guarantee i will be forgotten

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be given 'X' amount of $$ and told to go buy clothes/undies/coffee machine by myself in peace......

Reality will be likely nothing, I'm ok with that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want a quiet movie day in Pj's with my tiny tot who is actually 5. As for a gift well winning lotto would be lovely.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Id love a sleep in, a home made card and then spend the day as a family.

Reality, I'll wake up at work early, get home around 8.30am dp will go to work, probably get no card then go to my nephews birthday in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always get a really thoughtful gift and spoilt for the day by dh. My dad always takes my kids, dh and I out for breakfast on Mother's Day. I don't know what dh has planned for the rest of the day but he always has something lovely organised.

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I will get a gorgeous hand made card from DD - they make them at school

DH will usually make me coffee (I dont eat breakfast) and either take me out for dinner or make me a nice dinner at home.

MIL sadly passed a few years ago, and my Mum lives an hr or so away - and will be here later that week as they are going on a 2 month holiday .. so she doesnt want us to go to her.

My sister will probably come over at some stage too as her kiddo's are both on holidays this year so DD can make something special for her in lieu

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love a mother's day that's about me! I have been a mum for 2 mother's days so far and have not gotten a gift or even the day and what it symbolizes. MIL has made it all about her both years, so this year I'd love to not have to see her and be left in the shadows yet again. Last years mothers day was a day of arguing and tears as dh wouldn't accept i didn't want to go see his mother, couldn't just leave me be at home. I ended up staying at home but oh my goodness the fight it took. And he took our son i was soooo angry and upset. It's not even about receiving a gift really (even though regardless of dh's lack of effort i have gotten him meaningful keepsake gifts from our ds both years), but it's pretty crappy that he spends $80 - $100 on his mother for a gift from him and our son and i get zilch. I don't mean to sound sooky. It's hard when you see all your mummy friends getting spoiled and you get nothing at all. Barely even a happy mothers day. My dad always bought little gifts for my mum from me for as long back as i can remember (until i was old enough to do it myself of course!), he even took me shopping and let me choose something for her. It would just be nice to be acknowledged 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would love to not have to pay for my own presents. lol.
    Not that it's about presents for mothers day as such, but my birthday is always around the same time, so yes there are presents involved, and as a single mum I have to pay for them myself. Oh well, not to worry... my kids are getting old enough now that I can drop them at a shop and give them money and they wander around themselves choosing presents for me... they LOVE doing that, makes them feel so grown up and special!

The other thing I want for mothers day is just to have my kids with me, which up until tonight wasn't going to happen as it is their dad's weekend, but I managed to negotiate to get them back Saturday evening for my birthday and then keep them for mothers day as well. So I am very thankful!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

superbuns  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would like the kids around... and yes, I will sort of get it.
    It's our weekend so we will do our usual thing until their mum collects them from MILs at around 3pm- she will either take them for a few hours or overnight, she hasn't decided yet.

Hope it involves handmade cards- best gift ever.