Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    To clarify- I said I was jealous and I am. I wasn't knocking her- I'm in awe.
    I was bedridden for 24 hours after the birth of my boys (c/s) and then for a whole week after dd (vbac).
    I think she is awesome.
    Yup - in the first line no less!
    Got what you meant completely.
    I'm completely jealous too!
    I think she's fabulous and they have a beautiful family !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    2 hr labour - wowee

I hope she was in labour a while at home before she went in. 2 hrs is rapid and from what I understand - they HURT !!!
    Ds2 was born in 1.5 hrs after being induced (gel). It was hectic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    To clarify- I said I was jealous and I am. I wasn't knocking her- I'm in awe.
    I was bedridden for 24 hours after the birth of my boys (c/s) and then for a whole week after dd (vbac).
    I think she is awesome.
    If this is in response to my comment, I'm sorry. I should have clarified that I meant all over Facebook, not so much in this thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    No one spend their whole labour in hospital though?

I'm sure she has help at home and she only got sent to hospital once close to the actually pushing stages
    I did with ds2. Wasn't in labour at all, 13 days overdue and then induced with gel. As per pp, bub was born in 1.5 hrs after the gel. Crazy fast and full on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I feel a bit like she's setting unrealistic expectations and putting pressure on other new mums to look that fantastic. It is sad that she wasn't able to just spend that time bonding with her baby and rather has to have her hair and makeup done (or do it herself).
    Unfortunately for her, it's not her choice! Can you imagine if she walked out looking all crappy? And then again, if she didn't show the baby, that would cause backlash too. From 'OMG there must be something wrong with the baby' to 'she's royal, she has duties, why haven't we seen the baby'

I don't envy her and I also think majority of women realise that she HAS to look that good, no matter what. She would have all sorts of people helping her.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Blooms  (04-05-2015),Bond Girl  (03-05-2015),FrothyFrog  (03-05-2015),LoveLivesHere  (03-05-2015),RaraMum  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Maybe I was your roomie though it wasn't for my guests, just because it's something I like doing every day. I even did my makeup at 8cm dilated 😐
    I had a follow through midwife in training when I was pregnant with DD, we became great friends through everything and 8 hours into labor she drove to my place to get me my make up bag so i could fix my face up. It was stupid but i felt so self concious at the time and it made me feel so much better lol. Cried it all off when I got rushed in for emergency c-section anyway though so I looked like Alice Cooper in recovery anyway.

I think she is amazing for facing the media like that. I would of probably had a sook about it lol. Her and bub both look so amazing! Im so happy for the family (and totally clucky!!) I think most people realise she doesn't really have a choice. Im sure she would have preferred to relax longer and meet bub properly. My heart went out to her on those stairs though, poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    They looked so happy 😀
    I don't understand people commenting on her hair and make up being done. Other mothers are big enough to realise she would have had people doing her hair and make up done for her. Or maybe she was feeling awesome and did it herself. I know I felt amazing after my second birth so I did my hair and make up.
    Let's not criticise someone for looking great!!
    This was me too. I felt absolutely fab after having ds1 even after a 33hr horrendous labour and complicated birth. I was on such a high though and was up and about with hair and makeup done, he was born in the arvo and being our first bub the visitors were flooding in. After ds2 I wasn't feeling so great as I was sleepy from the pethadine and after ds3 was born it was late so I was ready for bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I was your roomie though it wasn't for my guests, just because it's something I like doing every day. I even did my makeup at 8cm dilated 😐
    Did you give birth last year in May? Or June?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    The nurses told me I was one of the only women ever that was allowed to stay in the private birth room I was lucky enough to finagle for an extra night after giving birth. I was too sick to go to the regular birth ward.

I had had a massive haemorrhage and retained placenta, had to go to theatre under general, and was crook as. I couldn't get out of bed for 36 hours (side note: how amazing are catheters?!) and had 3 blood transfusions.

I think all of you women on this thread are heroes for making it out of bed after having your bubbas, make up or not!

And as for Kate, I can't even imagine. She just strikes me as such a strong, inspirational woman.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (03-05-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kate is in labour!

Me exactly! Putting on make up in between contractions at 8cm after a shower! Haha

I'm not a fan of celebrities and such but Kate is gorgeous and I'm very happy for her to have 2 beautiful babies after her hg battles! From 1 hg survivor to another, I know how hard that is!
    And I remember after 9 months of hg hell feeling like you were dying everyday... As soon as baby is born you literally feel alive again and have so many happy endorphins that you could run a marathon! (Well not really but getting out of bed is the 1st thing you want to do!)
    Last edited by almai; 03-05-2015 at 15:37.