+ Reply to Thread
    unicornsandrainbows is offline Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Help! Shortening cervix!!!

I had a little bleed on Wednesday and went right to maternity and they did a scan and said my cervix is 2.5cm and that i need to be on bedrest and have possible surgery to fix it! I'm so scared ladies!! I have to go back on Monday for another scan and to check for funneling. Gabriel isn't even to viable stage yet! Please tell me there is hope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You poor thing, did they give you much information on it before you left? I don't have any advice I'm sorry but bump the thread for someone else who will be able too. Did they keep you in hospital on bed rest or on bed rest at home?

I'm really sorry you're going through this, it must be very scary. I hope they can give you some info soon on what it all means & what they can do to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is hope! My best friend had the same thing. She was over 2 cm dilated at her 20 week scan. She had a stitch put in and was on bed rest at home from 20 weeks. She also had to have regular scans. She was terrified, but her little girl did stay put and was delivered at 41 weeks!

Definitely speak to your doctor about what it means and be prepared for bed rest (either at home or hospital). Wishing you all the very best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cervix was shortening when pregnant with dd. I was monitored and on bed rest. Ob thought I'd go early and at 35 weeks it looked like she would come but nope she stayed put. Stubborn little thing stayed until i got too sick and was induced at 38 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornsandrainbows View Post
    I had a little bleed on Wednesday and went right to maternity and they did a scan and said my cervix is 2.5cm and that i need to be on bedrest and have possible surgery to fix it! I'm so scared ladies!! I have to go back on Monday for another scan and to check for funneling. Gabriel isn't even to viable stage yet! Please tell me there is hope?
    How did your scan go today?
    I only just saw this thread, I went from 3cm at 13 weeks to 2.7 at 16 weeks but because I was still above the threshold of 2.5cm (so not quite classed as high risk) I was just monitored with a couple of extra scans. And it thankfully didn't get any shorter, I was induced at 41 weeks.
    But still, for a few weeks there I was completely convinced that I was going to have a very early premature birth and lose him and it was a pretty crappy feeling. Sorry you're experiencing something similar (but even scarier!), I hope everything stays ok for you!

unicornsandrainbows is offline Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the lateness of replying but i am on hospital bedrest until 20 weeks and they may do a cerclage. It went from 2.5cm to 2cm and it was starting to funnel. I'm being monitored and so far Gabriel doesn't seem to mind all the fuss. I may have cervical incompetence. I just want Gabriel to stay in until he is viable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck OP, as much as you probably don't want to be there, that's good they have you in hospital & are monitoring you both closely. At least if you have any worries/concerns you'll have staff right there. I hope it all goes well & they're looking after you.