+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question daycare and drink does anyone know?

Hi all,

Does anyone know the answer to this question.

Is accreditation dependant on the provision of water only in daycares?

My daughter drinks a small amount of cordial 1cm in a 900ml bottle, they are saying its a govt requirement that they have water only.

Is this true. Or is it only a recommendation?

My daughter has always been a tough nut to get her to drink but if we don't provide a little flavour to her water she doesn't drink and then ends up in all sorts of problems such as constipation.

Would it be advisable to get a doctors note to say she can have a small amount of cordial? In the scheme of things 1cm in 900mls is not that much at all.

Thank you in advance.
    Spicymum

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's part of their nutritional guidelines and if assessment and rating is happening, they'd want to make sure everything is perfect.

I'd be concerned that a doctor would write such a medical certificate as having cordial is more definitely not a medical certificate.

I know you're not asking this...
    I personally wouldn't be giving in to a child's demands for any thing let alone a dash of cordial.
    If it's so minute, why bother...
    That's just my opinion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TTC7 For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it would be more for the colour of the water rather then the taste with such a small amount. Can you write a letter explaining your situation? I would rather my child have a tiny bit of cordial then become dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How about colouring the water with a teeeny drop of food colouring? Then it's still water, but bub might think it's cordial?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure that food provided by parents doesn't count. I've looked through all the accreditation stuff before (and have a friend who works for the organisation dealing with it) and am 95% sure that if YOU insist on providing it, then it has no effect whatsoever on their accreditation. Worth checking though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default daycare and drink does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I'm pretty sure that food provided by parents doesn't count. I've looked through all the accreditation stuff before (and have a friend who works for the organisation dealing with it) and am 95% sure that if YOU insist on providing it, then it has no effect whatsoever on their accreditation. Worth checking though.
    I used to send those watered down apple poppers you get in the baby food section of the supermarket to daycare when dd was being a fussy bum and having constipation problems with no issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Perhaps try just water at daycare - in a fancy smancy water bottle. Bubs can adapt well to two different routines - one at school and one at home. It sounds like a psychological thing/power play and a different carer may be able to offer the distance needed to help your little one back down.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (01-05-2015),RaraMum  (01-05-2015),TTC7  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pretty sure DDs daycare only serves milk & water due to their healthy eating guidelines.
    I did see one morning a parent drop their kid off with a bottle of sprite & the carers took it away as they weren't sure what was in it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

TTC7  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sisters kids take cordial in their drink bottle most days and when it's gone, it is re-filled with water. So I know at their centre in NSW, it is allowed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Z l km