+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I stand corrected. Shows that even some GPs don't understand how medications work

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told not to have unprotected sex due to the chance of multiple pregnancy. I have never had an issue with a condom ever until last night. I think it's more so if some eggs are released prior to egg pick up they can't be collected as they have already been released or if some smaller ones got left behind as they were not mature enough.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

20 eggs were fertilised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How many follicules did they say you had in the scan prior?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is every chance there were eggs left over and every chance you can get pregnant. I know of someone who had egg collection had sex and transferred one embryo but ended up with 2 babies. One from Ivf and one from sex (they were not identical). I'm not sure where you go from here though. Feeling up for sex after 27 eggs wow go you. Good luck op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay. So the question really is what to do from here.

I would contact the clinic and let them know that you did take measures but they didn't work out and there is a possibility that you may fall pregnant if there were any eggs that got away. They may want to monitor you closely.

See what their advice is first.
    It's also a waiting game isn't it. It will likely be a week or so before anyone can find out.

In the meantime consider issues such as:

* Can you make room for another one or a few in your family?
    * If there is more than one baby - how many multiples are possible? You may want to discuss this one with your clinic.
    * Could you go through a termination now and be okay with it down the track? I would suggest you discuss this with a good number of women who have gone through a termination first as well as a counsellor and your husband.

Donating your eggs is a marvellous gift x.

If I was in your shoes, IF a pregnancy eventuated, I would not be able to terminate but I would be concerned over how many babies could be inside - not for the room factor once they're out as there is always room in our home...somewhere, but just for the pregnancy itself and would place myself with a good ob (like the last one I had) who had delivery rights at a hospital with a NICU.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 03-05-2015 at 09:37.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (03-05-2015),HappyBovinexx  (03-05-2015),Secretmember  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a side note if you're pro life there is always adoption

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Just a side note if you're pro life there is always adoption
    Great thinking maternidade! Another option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could get an IUD as emergency contraception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't really have any advice other than what's been offered but I just wanted to say good on you for what you have done being an egg donor. I think people massively underestimate what women put their bodies through for fertility treatment both physically and emotionally and to go through that for somebody else is amazing. I hope everything works out for you and remember to stay positive about the fact that somebody has a very good chance of getting pregnant from your 27 eggs and that will be a life changing gift for them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (03-05-2015),~Marigold~  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP. What a lovely thing you have done for someone by donating your eggs. As an ivf veteran I say thank you.

Now in regards to your situation, there's no undoing what is done. The ivf clinic are the best people to advise you from here on in. Definitely give them an urgent phone call, the nurses at good clinics are available after hours.

[text removed by moderator]
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 03-05-2015 at 17:43. Reason: Referring to Deleted Post