+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How much does your 2 year old wee?

I have just started toilet training my 26 month old today. She woke up at about 6:30am, she stays quiet in her cot when she first wakes so I imagine she would have done a wee in her nappy then. She then had an accident on the floor at about 8:45am and it's now 12:30 and she hasn't done a wee since! I've been encouraging her to sip on her water bottle all morning so she's probably had about 200ml water. Is this normal for her not to wee for all that time? She's in bed now so has a nappy on which I imagine she will wee in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @JR03 my 2 year old is toilet trained, she did a big wee when she first woke up, which was from overnight and she also hasn't been again yet, unless she's taken herself without me knowing, which she does sometimes. She's drunk 250mls of water too so I'm assuming she has a large bladder. She probably goes 4 times a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much does your 2 year old wee?

Hi jr,
    I give my daughter nappy off time most mornings and she can go 3-4 hours without weeing
    It's good that your dd is holding on a bit too not just doing lots of little wees as it shows she has good bladder control.

My dd is same age as yours but we are not quite ready for tt - she barely has an accident nappy off and will go on the potty but I feel we are not quite there yet. Plus she can't get her own pants down either. (Dd is too small for the pull-ups too).

Good luck let us know how it goes!

Eta: I will probably wait till the weather starts warming up again to attempt tt
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 01-05-2015 at 13:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the responses! She STILL hasn't done another wee since 8:45am! Her nappy was dry and didn't smell like wee when she woke and I put her straight onto the toilet as soon as she woke and no wee! I encouraged her to drink about 100ml just in the time she was on the toilet so hopefully it starts flowing soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still a bit concerned, today she's drank a lot of water, maybe 600-700ml and has only done 2 wees - one at 7:30am and the other at about 6:30pm. Nappy was dry when she woke this morning and after her day sleep. Yesterday she had a few accidents through the day. I haven't put any pressure on and have kept things positive even when she does a wee on the floor. So I have no idea what's going on. Im going to see how she goes at daycare and with my mum over the next 2 days and if she's not more frequent with them, I'll take her to the dr to rule out anything medical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my DD had a bladder infec she held onto it, but your doesn't necessarily sound like a bladder infec, maybe she is just conscious or feeling a bit worried hmmm