Let's start a poll!
    Deff start a poll!
    I recon a boy!! But we will see 😀

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NandM For This Useful Post:

almai  (07-10-2015)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The nub has a very bulby end, which is pretty typical of boys. I usually go more by the bulb/fork than the angle. I would be surprised if you had a girl!

I also don't care what we have. I'm pretty sure we are destined to be Mummies of boys, so another boy wouldn't surprise me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys it's good to see quite a few of you are having successful pregnancies, congratulations! For others still in the process, sending baby dust. My DP and I are going for a first fertility centre appointment in BKK in a few weeks. This will help us decide if we will be doing in Thailand or Australia. I have been researching alot so hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to naomibosveld For This Useful Post:

almai  (07-10-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We honestly don't care if it's a boy or a girl. We thought having another boy would be a good friend for ds, we 'know' what to do with a boy and 2 mums with a bunch of sons would be cute. But the more we think about it, the more we'd love a girl too. Plus we have a girl name picked that we looove so hope to use it one day.
    I'm just so excited either way!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 1st awkward moment today...
    Me: I have some exciting news! My partner and I are having another baby!!
    Coworker: (touches my belly) oh I'm so excited for you both!!!
    Me: oh, it's not me, my partner is pregnant this time
    Coworker: oh, sorry (quickly removes hand) (awkward look at each other) that's really great news! I'm so happy for you both! How is she feeling? It's good you can both take turns.
    .... Etc etc

I expect this is going to be one big coming out experience! Although most people in my life know (obviously) a few work people just forget and a lot don't actually know. They know I have a fiancé of 8 years and a son but just don't know 'she' is a she... I've just never needed to bring it up... But guess I'll be explaining a lot once I start saying I have another child on the way (they often ask and I'm not going to deny it!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

naomibosveld  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @naomibosveld! Can't wait to hear how you go!
    @almai that's kinda funny! My colleagues all know that I'm in a same sex relationship but the staff don't really know. I haven't tried to hide it but at the same time I don't go around announcing it or anything about my personal life around the office! It will be interesting to see the reactions! So exciting that you can tell people!
    @rainbow road - I read your diary and saw that you are thinking of transferring one to you regardless of your DP's result. Does that mean if she does get a BFP you will try anyway?! That's exciting! You might end up with two bubba's only a month apart!!! I'm sorry that this past year has been so hard on you both and I'm sorry that people have given you generic responses. I wonder if it's because people might not know the "right" thing to say. I often wonder if I should say/ask some of the things I do so maybe others also don't know if empathy/sympathy might make it worse or maybe asking questions might cause frustration etc. We are all here so feel free to let us know how we can help to support you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

naomibosveld  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks tortoise. It's been a really hard year. I feel like I've lost parts of myself along the way.

Yep we are thinking of both transferring depending on DPs blood results.There's a pretty high chance of another miscarriage so we sort of feel like we should just do it. Which worst case scenario is worse: no baby at all, or two (sort of) at once? No question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I would imagine it would be really hard to take each blow and then sort of just have to continue on.

Wow I didn't realise her chance of miscarriage increased because she has had one. That's kinda scary 😔 How is she feeling about it all? I get where you are coming from with the no baby or two babies thing. It would be hard to have another set back when you guys have been waiting already. Such a tough ride! I just hope that it turns a corner now and that things start to move along nicely. How's DP feeling about this latest transfer? Any positive signs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's also because she's had a chem. there's a possibility that there is something else at play apart from bad luck, especially as our bubba had no obvious signs to attribute to his demise if this transfer doesn't work we will do some extra testing before we do another full cycle.

This transfer... Hmm I don't know. She doesn't really talk much about symptoms. She had a little cramping the other day which could mean anything. I dreamt about a positive pregnancy test, and the only other time that's happened was just before I got my BFP for Toby but I don't know if that was because I am technically cycling now myself, and my psyche is getting all geared up for it.

Only 2 more sleeps until bloods though, and neither of us are tempted to test early than beta day which I guess is good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hopefully that dream is a good sign! So you mentioned that you are CD2 so are you already prepping for an FET? Did the clinic ask why you were booking on for it before having the results? I'm curious as to how FET's work anyway. I can't remember at all now!

Hopefully your DP doesn't have any issues discovered and as crappy as it is, hopefully the past experiences boil down to bad luck and she might have a change of luck in the future (hopefully the very near future). Has Dr Clark not wanted to do any testing up until this stage? I would have thought they would jump on to it considering she is young and I'm assuming extremely fit and healthy given her occupation. Anyway hopefully there is no need for any of that anyway!