Closed Thread
Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Boxergirl

We will be looking at around $30k as we would like to egg share. That should include the cost of sperm as well. We should get some back from Medicare which would be awesome and we would use that to buy baby things and save for the future baby.

It is such an expensive ride but we know it will be well worth it in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    @Boxergirl

We will be looking at around $30k as we would like to egg share. That should include the cost of sperm as well. We should get some back from Medicare which would be awesome and we would use that to buy baby things and save for the future baby.

It is such an expensive ride but we know it will be well worth it in the end
    I've read a few different opinions on the cost of egg sharing.
    One said it wasn't much more than a typical IVF cycle (Hmm) another said its basically double...

If we need to go to IVF, it's certainly something that we will talk about with clinic.

Is it not as 'simple' as getting one partner to egg collection stage and the other ready to carry? If so, I'm not sure of the cost factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List

So with egg sharing it's basically just IVF x 2. We are estimating $15k for each of us including tests and sperm.

The only reason we will be stimming and have EPU done around the same time is so we can use the same donor. One could go first and the other could go in a couple of years but then the donor may have reached their max family limit.

In our case we will both have the embryos formed and then mine will be frozen for DP to use in future and I will use hers first. That's the plan anyway. Fingers crossed we don't run into issues!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (02-05-2015),Boxergirl  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, I see. Thanks for that. Did/do you have to go through extra hoops to egg share?

almai is online now "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tortoise, Could you buy extra sperm and keep it in storage so you only need to do one round of ivf at a time yet still lock in sperm for both of you?

At the end of the day, money is just paper and for us it was important for just the 2 of us to be involved as parents in our family and to be legally covered.
    Everyone's situations are different but this is the choice we made.
    Some days I get so jealous of people who fall pregnant at home, on their own terms or who 'accidentally' fall pregnant. But I have to remember everything happens for a reason and this is our journey so just focus on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Boxergirl - no hoops to jump through in NSW. The clinic we will be using said they have had many couples do exactly the same. It's not considered surrogacy either because we are in a relationship. I'm not too sure about Vic though because I know each state is so different.
    @almai the clinic only allows you to purchase the sperm if you intend on using some of it straight away. At least attempting to anyways. Extra for future goes is all good but yeah...

Fortunately we can make it work financially... We are only waiting because I want to lose some more weight first 😊

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (02-05-2015),Boxergirl  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to know, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    @almai I'm sorry to hear about the negative test this morning 😔 it must be upsetting for both of you but time will fly and you will be able to try again. We are all here if you need or want to vent.
    @Chekry fingers crossed your number is called soon!! How are you going with making time pass?
    Argh! The time passing is going so slow. I'm just keeping busy and doing lots of research. Trying to keep as healthy as possible. Hoping it starts to go as quickly as the rest of the year has so far! Also hoping I'm as fertile as the rest of my family is! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so too!! Hopefully time flies!! The first 4 months of this year went extremely fast so I'm thinking that time will continue going that way. I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of time to lose kgs. I don't want to push TTC back so need to keep pushing on with it!!

What kind of research are you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Hi all - we are going to try and consolidate to one thread so that the list of where everyone's at and the chat is altogether. If you haven't already posted on the new thread just write something here and I'll tag you in it. @BeautyOfTheSoul also put the link a page back or so ������
    If you all like, I can merge this thread with your new thread?