@TandR, are you doing a 3d or 5d transfer/freeze?
@Jk65 we're going to do a day 5 freeze provided it/they meet the criteria. Back up plan will be to switch to my eggs and do IUI, but fingers x we have an embie to freeze.
Thanks. Are you at a clinic that only does 5dt?
I only ask because I know some clinics only do 5/some only 3/some a mix.
@TandR it's very exciting to hear about someone else egg sharing! DP and I plan to both go through a stim cycle and pick up at the same time. My embryos would then be frozen for her to use later and I would have her transferred to me (one at a time and hopefully not too many times).
I'm hoping we both get a decent hail of quality eggs that make great little snow babies!
I can't wait for it to be our turn!!! Very exciting!!!
That's fantastic that you still have 2 growing. Fingers crossed for some great news in a couple of days 😊
AF arrived last night so we are officially at CD1! Meeting with the nurse tomorrow to pick up the medications. So happy that we are at this stage. At times its felt like it was never going to happen.
We've been nervous but excited now it's time. Gonal-f with Ovidrel and then progesterone pessaries.
The injections sounded scary until we had a go at the nursing appointment.
@NandM if it's anything like our CD1 it will seem like it comes quickly once it arrives!
@TandR hoping the two make it all the way!! Good luck!
@Jk65- our clinic does either day dependant on how they're tracking, but because we're doing a freeze all for egg sharing they have a different criteria for the embryos to meet. They could have chosen to freeze today if we had chosen to but after discussing the situation with our FS we are letting them go on to 5 day for the best idea of what's going on with them. We didn't feel any pressure, only support which was great.
Yay @Chekry good luck for your cycle. Exciting!
@TortoiseNotTheHare It's nice that both of you are wanting to carry a pregnancy and hopefully all works out well for each of you to do so! Is it because of your donor you have to commence treatment at the same time? For us, I always wanted to carry, my partner has no desire... So fingers cross our first & only attempt works.
Ultimately for us having a child is what we both want, so knowing we have a safety net of my eggs is very reassuring and we're grateful for.
@TandR we would both like to carry but if for any reason one can't then we will be okay with that too because like you said it's about taking what you can and being grateful for it 😊
Spot on with the reason we will stim at the same time.. We want to use the same donor but both need to be allocated a family spot. The only way we can do that is to go at the same time!
You mentioned your clinic has a different procedure when egg sharing - may I ask what they do differently in that scenario? We know the clinic we plan on using does it but we don't know what I different in that scenario.
It's also great that your DP is happy for you to carry. It works out well when you both agree on the way you would like to approach all this baby making stuff. DP and I are well and truly on the same page with how we want to make this little family 😊
Oh sorry, now I re read what I wrote I realised it could be confusing. I just meant that an embryo reaching the criteria for freezing apparently has a different one than a fresh one. It needs to be a high grade blast to survive the freeze/thaw. A so-so blast probably won't survive the process.
Nothing to do with egg sharing.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!