Closed Thread
Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @TandR hope DP isn't still in pain..
    We had two profiles to look at and it was pretty fast one stood out and ticked all the boxes for DP and myself so I think we rung the donor nurse back in 2 hours..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    We had two profiles to look at
    That's interesting! We were given three and one stood out to both of us for different reasons. We decided to take the night to think it over and confirmed our choice the next morning.

For us it felt like such a huge step forward! Still patiently (not so patiently) waiting for CD1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does feel like a HUDGE step forward. I thought deciding would be harder than what it was, I guess the right profile landed in our hands. We will be gutted if we have to chance after 2 IUI's

CD1 mmm I don't think I am waiting patiently I keep looking at the period tracker and it still says 13 days....

Did you have to let them know when CD1 was due to start? I thought I remember someone mentioning to us to call once we had the donor to advise when I was due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    Did you have to let them know when CD1 was due to start? I thought I remember someone mentioning to us to call once we had the donor to advise when I was due?
    We were told to call the nurse once we had selected to make sure everything was good to go for that side. Now we just need to call on CD1.

DW normally skips AF, but brought hers on this month in the hopes that the extra hormones in the house will bring mine on early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

DP is getting there, still some tenderness but most of the pain apparently isn't related to the surgery. (It's a strange pain related to her ovulation).

From 6 eggs, 4 were nature for ICSI. We got a phone call the next day to say one had fertilised abnormally so we couldn't use it, two they were unsure if fertilisation had occurred and one has fertilised normally. We will find out tomorrow if those other two have fertilised and will make a decision about 3 day freeze or 5 day freeze.

We're staying positive that the lead one is the one that will give us our baby. I was a bit of an emotional mess yesterday but we had some family over last night and I felt so much better. I came to my own conclusion that what will be is meant to be. We will deal with what comes next. But hopefully all that comes is my FET later this month with our surviving embryo.

I remember when we chose our donor we logged in to the site and there were about 30 profiles, albeit none stood out to us. I called the donor team the following day to ask when more would be up and she said, actually, later today! I remember checking once the site was updated and sure enough there was our donor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's amazing how differently all of the clinics and states do things! We were on the donor waitlist for nearly 18 months.
    @TandR I really hope you get a great emby for transfer. Did they totally knock R out for collection? I hope she's feeling better today.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #2

Good luck for transfer @TandR and the agony the TWW!!

We actually travelled over east to avoid a 2 year wait list, and to be able to access an overseas donor. It made the IVF costs sky rocket even more (FS said no point even trying IUI whilst trying to time with flights). But I'm happy with the decision we made. We have our first Obgyn appt tomorrow, keeping everything crossed out little peanut is doing ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @KT82 and @Dougy she was under GA so completely out but they say it is only a small amount so she woke up less groggy than someone who should go under for a normal surgery.

Yes it seems each clinic is different with their donor access and waiting times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all! Welcome to the new comers! I've been MIA recently but have been following along. @TandR hopefully you have a great embie that results in your take home bub.

We will be booking our appointment next month and aiming for them to get us in for early September. I have lost almost most of the weight I wanted to lose but would still love to drop a bit more between now and our first appointment. Ideally 15kgs! I think it's possible so that's good 😊

In the meantime DP and I were youtubing different prams tonight. Nothing like looking at baby things to pass some time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @TortoiseNotTheHare Welcome back and good luck for your cycle later in the year. You're TTCing a similar way that we have so its nice to hear of another couple going down this road.

Our update is that two embryos are still going on. One is a little behind at 5 cell and has fragmentation so they are not expecting it to reach blast, the other one is better and where it should be at 6-8 cell and is classed as a grade A embryo... Only thing is when they initially looked at it on day 1 they couldn't see fertilisation yet so they don't have a clear indication of how it fertilised... But at this stage, the second embryo is looking good. Two more days until we know our result!