Closed Thread
Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @SRC we are hanging in there. My mum is doing better. We are all focusing on what's going on with me ttc, which is a welcome distraction on happy thoughts, but I'm feeling a bit of pressure now 😗.

I need to ring about my blood tests after my first appt - but we did settle on a SD tonight! So that's another thing down. HSG on Wednesday.

We never considered DIY - just the risk of it without the clinic support really.
    @TortoiseNotTheHare I can relate to your motivation point. We've been talking about ttc for a couple of years - we were waiting for the 'right' time work wise plus giving me chance to lose some weight. I came to the conclusion I needed to just do it this year. Work timing isn't bad, and it was only this year I lost 13kg (still 30kg to go!) cause I locked in the appointment and as it got closer - my motivation ramped up again!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    We have not even considered doing DIY insem. We want our babies to have the same donor. With DIY there would be no way to guarantee that donor is available in the future when we want bub 2.
    I also do not like the idea that DIY insem doesn't hold up in court. If done through a clinic, it's completely impossible for the donor to try and claim any visitation with the baby.
    I would honestly pay all of this money to guarantee we would not have troubles in the future
    This is our reason exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, agree with all the above.
    @A&S.. Did you make it into Medicare?

So the wait list for IVF is not as bad as expected, as we've technically been on it since IUI #1 failed. Apparently, we 'only' have another 1 to 2 month wait

Got to do counselling again, also.
    The only counselling that I need is about the cost!! Haha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

almai  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Boxergirl... Sure did. Not good news. We won't get anything back for those two cycles and only $2030 out of about $5000 will go toward our safety net. Apparently our safety net is $2000 because we are on the same account so we only just scraped in thank god.

Looking at $9000 out of pocket for IVF this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh!

May I ask how much your cycle will be costing all up?

We haven't found out our costs yet..I'm scared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's about $14,000 without medicare but because we are now medically infertile it will 'only' be 9k. That includes donor sperm.

We don't have private health insurance so if you do you'll probably save another $1000 on the egg pick up hospital costs.

Hopefully we get a few fertilised eggs because if this cycle doesn't work or for subsequent babies using the frozen embryos it will only be about $1500.

To be honest it was a lot more than I expected but it's not like we have any other options.

My DP has already said we are getting our future child to work as soon as it turns 6 haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, sounds like a plan!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah you definitely need to trust the donor. Having thousands of kilometres in between you does help! We have a contract written up but it is not legalised anywhere, it's more to show intention should anything ever happen. We were talking to 2 other donors before settling with ours - over the course of conversation we realised they were not in it for the right reasons and we didn't feel comfortable with them. They were too invested. The one we chose was just amazing over the whole thing and we trust him 100%.

In WA, both of us Mums are able to be on the birth certificate from day one so there is no adoption stuff to worry about which is great. We will both have 100% parental rights and responsibilities.

So who is in the TWW atm? Anybody? By the sounds of it most are waiting for next cycle or on a waiting list. Can't wait to get some more positives in the forum!

Did any of you Perth people get contacted to be in that documentary?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SRC we are in the TWW. Today is day 12... I feel no different at all so who knows! What documentary is that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dougy For This Useful Post:

almai  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Dougy. Fingers crossed for both of you x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

Dougy  (17-05-2015)