+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel14 View Post
    No I was attracted to him before he started making these comments.

He also always puts his hand on my knee while talking to me, and hugs me when I see him, So yes his comments could be being taken out of context, but he also seems way too interested in my personal life. It's also hard to describe the tone of voice he uses etc. So I'm pretty sure he is interested and all these comments here have clarified that.

So I agree, I do need to find a new Dr. But I have also decided to tell him why, that I've developed an inappropriate crush and that way if I have mis-read things then he can decide if he is comfortable to continue our social relationship or not.
    Reading between the lines, it seems to me that you are determined to tell him and I suspect that part of this reason is you want to see if he feels the same way or if it's in your head.

Given that you have made this decision to tell him, I think it would be worthwhile to consider where you stand if he expresses that he feels the same way.

What I think is ultimately of no concern, but this whole situation has red flags popping up all over it. If he feels the same way would you be willing to wait two years for him? How would you feel if your confession was the catalyst for something occurring, he was reported, and lost his career?

If he does not return the feelings would you report him for inappropriate conduct? Because if he is not acting from some kind of attraction, I believe he has harassed you and abused his doctor/patient privilege.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015),BbBbBh  (02-05-2015),Chillies  (04-05-2015),Skyler  (02-05-2015),VicPark  (02-05-2015),Wise Enough  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    'He also always puts his hand on my knee while talking to me, and hugs me when I see him'

So he has already crossed the line in a major way. He has willingly and knowingly breached his own medical ethics.

I just don't know how you will be able to trust him with his other patients once you are dating him or married to him down the track. Especially when his job involves ladies intimate parts.

It's also surprising that both of you are willing to flaunt the rules and risk his career. Hope it's worth it. Would you like him as much if he had to go and stack shelves?
    Last edited by Skyler; 02-05-2015 at 15:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was attracted to my old GP. He was really hot. And I don't know if it was just because he was so good looking and I over analyse things but I ended up stopping going back to him.

This is what you need to do

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (02-05-2015),zooey  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes there is a part of me that want's to know if he is interested, and that I'm not just reading into things.

However after thinking about it and the advice from on here, however I don't think I would become involved with him straight away (if he were interested). I think if he wanted to begin something now then I would be thinking how many patients does he do this too etc.

I think though if he was willing to wait then it might show that he's genuinely interested in me long term, if that makes sense?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FallenAngel14 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (02-05-2015),Skyler  (02-05-2015),Wise Enough  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you don't make a fool of yourself expressing your feelings to him. More than likely he is just doing his job and you are reading way too much into it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (03-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    It makes perfect sense! And I think that is a very wise outlook. If he is into you for something beyond getting his rocks off then he would agree it would be wise to wait.

Also, I wasn't criticising you by saying that... I think it would be perfectly reasonable to wonder if what you think is there is actually there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

FallenAngel14  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I hope you don't make a fool of yourself expressing your feelings to him. More than likely he is just doing his job and you are reading way too much into it.
    I hope I don't make a fool of myself as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FallenAngel14 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    It makes perfect sense! And I think that is a very wise outlook. If he is into you for something beyond getting his rocks off then he would agree it would be wise to wait.

Also, I wasn't criticising you by saying that... I think it would be perfectly reasonable to wonder if what you think is there is actually there.
    I didn't think you were criticising But you summed it up perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So I've been reading this thread in two minds. On one hand he could be a complete nut job on the other he may be attracted to you and if you know him socially deeper feeling may have developed.
    Stop seeing him and if you want to tell him how you feel then do it. If it's meant to be he will wait and he knows how to find you. If you make a fool of yourself so be it. The world won't end life will go on. Only you know him and the situation. Walk away have a sleep on it and you will know what to do and if you still don't then there are plenty of "experts" on Bubhub to help you along 😝

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes I really have to pinch myself and say to myself am I really alive in this world… Why on earth is the OP responsible for his career. He is a professional and I assume he has been to uni and knows how a professional in his position should conduct himself. His choices have nothing to do with the op. And as for the above comment I'm just going to laugh at that because it's beyond ridiculous that someone has to have their 2 cents worth but wants to criticise someone else for having theirs… I guess we live in an age of hypocricy lol. There is no grey area legally what this dr is doing is wrong and predatory and regardless of OP "wanting" it it's morally and ethically wrong. I'm no expert just a person with common sense. What is the world coming too when we start blaming women for men crossing the line and acting like creeps. Gross I'm out.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

2015  (03-05-2015),Alicia111  (02-05-2015),Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015),SpicyTurtle  (03-05-2015),SuperGranny  (13-05-2015)