+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Attracted to my Doctor

How old is bub? Are you still with bubs dad? Does Doc have a partner?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It would only be ok if you had not been his patient within the past 2 years. This is no more acceptable than me dating some of my adult students. I have had some incredibly attractive students around my age but it is my responsibility to ignore their flirtation and remain professional at all times. Same with any of my clients. In the past I have referred a few clients on because I have felt they have been attracted to me and I wouldn’t want to take the risk (not all I refer because I don’t feel they are all ‘a risk’). I would be really careful in this situation. The fact that he’s flirting with you at all tells me his ethics and professional boundaries are not great.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015),Lillac  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I am a little confused about the timeline.

If he was your doc when bubs was born... And bubs was only born 10 months ago, then what is the other professional dealings you had with the doc since then? Is it via a paid employment role ? Are to back at work already? Or is he a lecturer and you a student?

You saw him 4? months ago (6 months after bubs was born?) and he told you you were hot... Then 2 weeks ago he re-accepted you as a patient? And you have to see him again in the next few weeks?

OP your bub is still quite young. Any chance you are a little vulnerable right now due to hormones/splitting from bubs dad etc? Is there anything counsellIng might be able to help you with?
    Last edited by VicPark; 30-04-2015 at 21:31.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

You know it's unethical.

You aren't helping matters.
    Last edited by TTC7; 30-04-2015 at 22:10.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TTC7 For This Useful Post:

bigmummahen  (01-05-2015),Skyler  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I am a little confused about the timeline.

If he was your doc when bubs was born... And bubs was only born 10 months ago, then what is the other professional dealings you had with the doc since then? Is it via a paid employment role ? Are to back at work already? Or is he a lecturer and you a student?

You saw him 4? months ago (6 months after bubs was born?) and he told you you were hot... Then 2 weeks ago he re-accepted you as a patient? And you have to see him again in the next few weeks?

OP your bub is still quite young. Any chance you are a little vulnerable right now due to hormones/splitting from bubs dad etc? Is there anything counsellIng might be able to help you with?
    Good work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify, I was seeing a psychologist prior to separating from my husband about separating from him.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I understand that, given your attraction, you seek to be quite defensive of this man.

Can I ask you to think about it this way - if you can imagine for a minute that you didn't feel attracted to him in any way whatsoever, didn't think of him as a 'nice guy' or a 'goofy guy' or a potential lover or friend, how would you feel about your gynaecologist talking to you this way?

Would you see it as professional? Would you feel comfortable and secure in his motives? Would you consider him to behaving ethically?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if you like him.. go for it. If he is not into it for whatever reason personal/ethical, you'll need to find another dr. If he is then you still need another dr. I am sure if u bring it up he would let you know what the guidelines are and whether he thinks it would be appropriate to date you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2015 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015),SpicyTurtle  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might find it a little odd, but at first when all this started, I viewed it as him just being nice and trying to make me feel good about myself after my separation, part of me still wonders if there is an element to it now. The other thing I think is that had I not opened up as much that he may not have said the things he has either and I could have discouraged it, but I didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews

You want a bunch of strangers to give you their blessing for you to pursue an unethical, inappropriate relationship that could ultimately destroy a man's reputation and career???

I hope that any real life friends who may get wind of this report you both.

Im not phased how rude this post was.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TTC7 For This Useful Post:

bigmummahen  (01-05-2015),Mamasupial  (01-05-2015),mummymaybe  (30-04-2015),Skyler  (03-05-2015),Trusty Chords  (01-05-2015),VicPark  (01-05-2015)