+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    He's your Dr. There is no 'outside the Dr-patient setting', or outside the Dr-patient relationship. OP, run, don't walk, away from this one. Any s!exual or romantic relationship would end in disaster. If you care for him, the best thing you can do for him is forget about it and find a new Dr.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Danza For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (30-04-2015),PomPoms  (30-04-2015),Skyler  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sorry OP I have to agree with the others on finding a new doctor and trying to forget him. From your first comment I thought it seemed okay but after your replies, it sounds as if he is being very unprofessional. If he was interested in you too HE should have severed the Dr/patient relationship!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Attracted to my Doctor

I'm going to go against everyone else and say that maybe he is saying those things to try and flirt? And the whole thing about not dating patients surely that would be current patients and not past? I mean what about 40 year old doctors wanting to date who have had hundreds of patients and lived in the same town their whole life, there would be nobody left to date! If you are attracted to him and you think he is to you, get a new doctor and ask him out. You only live once. The worst that could happen is he doesn't feel the same and you can't see him as a doctor again.

ETA - after reading other replies I'm not sure about the whole legal side of things so maybe check that out first if you did want to pursue anything
    Last edited by SpicyTurtle; 30-04-2015 at 19:45.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-05-2015),superbuns  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say I agree with the others. I would find another Dr. Especially considering he talks the way he does to you & he's an OBGYN. Makes me wonder what other patients he sweet talks & says sleazy comments too??
    Are any of your friends or family patients of his? I'm only asking as you can maybe ask what he's like with them & if he says inappropriate comments to them too?
    Only you can decide in the end what to do. Good luck with it all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shells85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The fact that you are a current patient of his, there would be no setting in which the comments he has made to you would be appropriate. Definitely time to find a new dr

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurtle View Post
    I'm going to go against everyone else and say that maybe he is saying those things to try and flirt? And the whole thing about not dating patients surely that would be current patients and not past? I mean what about 40 year old doctors wanting to date who have had hundreds of patients and lived in the same town their whole life, there would be nobody left to date! If you are attracted to him and you think he is to you, get a new doctor and ask him out. You only live once. The worst that could happen is he doesn't feel the same and you can't see him as a doctor again.

ETA - after reading other replies I'm not sure about the whole legal side of things so maybe check that out first if you did want to pursue anything
    Still against ethical and legal lines. It just can't happen these laws are made to protect patients and regardless of weather the contact is within the surgery or not is irrelevant.

My husband was 39 when we met and he managed to find a wife who he had never treated professionally. It's just not an option to date a patient and I can assure you that very few doctors would even consider it.

OP, please leave this well alone. This man could loose his licence to practice and also get in a whole lot of trouble. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (30-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask how old he is/you are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now that you have developed a 'professional/business/friendly/social' relationship with this man, I think you ought to draw a line in the sand and seek a new Dr. All the remarks/banter/conversation that you have had in a 'non Dr-patient' capacity suggests you are no longer strictly 'Dr/Patient'. It is time to seek a new Dr. Then, you can decide if you want to continue your 'professional/business/friendly/social' relationship with him. If you don't want to bring it up with him, go back to your GP and seek a new referral, rather than seeking a new referral through him. Drs, lawyers and other professionals should never represent friends or family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel14 View Post
    To clarify some of theses conversations were had outside of the "dr-patient" setting. I'm probably not portraying things correctly. But he's not sleezy, he's pretty goofy actually.
    You are biased as you have the hots for him. You are not making an accurate assessment of the situation.

He shouldn't re-accept you as a patient after he basically told you he wanted to bone you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    See I took the comments as his very subtle way to flirt as well. This whole thing is so difficult. Surely there is a time when it's ok-ish to date an ex patient? NoteToSelf I am 31 and he is 39.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FallenAngel14 For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-04-2015)