+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am seeing him this week, and will ask to be referred on to see a different dr and will see how things go. If I still feel like I am not mis-reading things, then I will sms him afterwards and let him know what my feelings are.

As for my previous relationship, I haven't made any rash decisions, exDh and I were having issues relating to having a 4th child and when I posted that stuff a few years back it was after a particularly bad fight over it. I then found out that he had been cheating on me, and was thinking that he wanted to end things hence why he didn't want any more children. After I found out about the affair, and the possibility of us divorcing made him realise that he didn't want that after all (for me it's had the opposite reaction, but took me a while to come to this conclusion). I then accidentally fell pregnant, even though I had implanon in, and at the time we decided to continue with the pregnancy, as it's super hard to for me to get pregnant and stay pregnant. In the past I've had to have fertility treatments and I've had 7m/c's so the fact that I managed to fall pregnant with the Implant in and stay pregnant was a bit of a miracle.

So thank you for the concern, but I would hardly say that it was a rash decision or that I have a history of making bad choices.

Thanks Ladies for the advice, and I have taken it on board and given it a lot of thought. For those of you who are interested, I will update later on this week about how everything has gone.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FallenAngel14 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (05-05-2015),bella25  (05-05-2015),Frankenmum  (04-05-2015),geisha88  (04-05-2015),harvs  (04-05-2015),SAgirl  (04-05-2015),superbuns  (05-05-2015),Tinkers  (10-05-2015),waterlily  (04-05-2015),Wise Enough  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    eek - I would avoid an sms, or any "trail" for that matter. If you can't do it verbally face to face, then I would perhaps just do it over the phone at another time, or just simply cancel any further appts you make after this upcoming one, and simply ask the receptionist to transfer your file when you find another Dr. Just ask your GP for a referral to another Dr. Then you are no longer a patient of his. IF he does have feelings it leaves the ball in his court to contact you thereafter. But clears you of any wrong doing so to speak. And you can sleep at night

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4LeafClover For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    As a doctor myself, it was made very clear to us in Medical School that it is simply not on to hit on/sleep with/start a relationship with, a patient.

It is unethical. End of lesson.

As a side note, it is completely fine to hit on/sleep with/start a relationship with, another doctor or member of the nursing staff!! And this happens all the time! My first boyfriend was another doctor in ED, and my second boyfriend was a nurse.

Luckily I saw sense and married a man outside of the medical profession

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It is great to hear the perspective of. Doctor who has had the ethics training. I'm a lawyer and there's much less strict ethical guidelines. Dating client is not ok, dating ex-client is fine provided there is no abuse of trust/confidence. It also helps when there's interaction outside of lawyer/client relationship which sounds like OP has here. I just wondered with Drs, are they allowed to date ex-patients? Or is it the case that once you've treated someone then that's it, you can never date them? Seems so harsh if there's a genuine attraction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel14 View Post
    I am seeing him this week, and will ask to be referred on to see a different dr and will see how things go. If I still feel like I am not mis-reading things, then I will sms him afterwards and let him know what my feelings are.

As for my previous relationship, I haven't made any rash decisions, exDh and I were having issues relating to having a 4th child and when I posted that stuff a few years back it was after a particularly bad fight over it. I then found out that he had been cheating on me, and was thinking that he wanted to end things hence why he didn't want any more children. After I found out about the affair, and the possibility of us divorcing made him realise that he didn't want that after all (for me it's had the opposite reaction, but took me a while to come to this conclusion). I then accidentally fell pregnant, even though I had implanon in, and at the time we decided to continue with the pregnancy, as it's super hard to for me to get pregnant and stay pregnant. In the past I've had to have fertility treatments and I've had 7m/c's so the fact that I managed to fall pregnant with the Implant in and stay pregnant was a bit of a miracle.

So thank you for the concern, but I would hardly say that it was a rash decision or that I have a history of making bad choices.

Thanks Ladies for the advice, and I have taken it on board and given it a lot of thought. For those of you who are interested, I will update later on this week about how everything has gone.
    I really hope it all goes well for you. For what it's worth, you sound really switched on to me, with a genuine affection for him and it makes total sense to follow your heart in the measured and sensible way you propose. I'm looking forward to hearing your update 😄

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

FallenAngel14  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So for those who are interested, I asked my dr if he could refer me to someone else, as I think I have developed feelings for you and that changing Drs would be best. His reply was "no problem. all the best"

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FallenAngel14 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-05-2015),BettyV  (10-05-2015),pixiepie  (10-05-2015),SuperGranny  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel14 View Post
    So for those who are interested, I asked my dr if he could refer me to someone else, as I think I have developed feelings for you and that changing Drs would be best. His reply was "no problem. all the best"
    Did you do it in person or in writing?
    You did the right thing, I assume you are disappointed with his reaction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for updating us. Love your confidence in telling him. I hope in 2 years he comes looking for you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

harvs  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh, awkward.

Well there you go! No need to worry about flashing your ladybits anymore, you can get an amazing Dr and feel comfortable discussing your issues with them. I hope your ok OP.

And good on you for having the balls to ask for a referal. That would have taken a lot of guts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh, that's cold! Sorry you didn't get the response you were hoping for. But I think he's done the right thing. Any other response could see him lose his career.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (13-05-2015),Wise Enough  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Via sms. I'm ok, I would have felt better if he had confirmed that he'd been flirting with me but oh well. Now I know it was probably all in my head.