+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I already live regionally, but we are in town and feel our neighbours are too close.
    We are on the verge of buying a 2 acre property with my parents (with whom will be set up some definite boundaries- but they're very good about space etc). It's kind of a blank canvas at the moment- basic house, good shedding and granny flat.
    The dream is to sell the granny flat and buy a bigger and better one for mum and dad. We will paint and redo the flooring on the house before we move in. Over time we want to add a deck, carport and master bedroom and ensuite, possible also a parents retreat.
    But the real exciting part is the garden- vast beautiful green lawns for the kids to play, plenty of space to ride bikes and scooters, fruit trees and vegie gardens etc.
    hopefully everything falls into place and then we won't have to worry about moving again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like the regional area I live in a lot - we've got lots of trees around and we're 5 mins drive from the sea! Pity I'm renting and probably won't ever afford to buy here

I would *ideally* love a house just a little closer to the ocean (one or two suburbs over), in a quiet street (I'm the type who craves serenity). I like charming old houses that are tastefully renovated, and with a bit of space between neighbours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I live in the city and love it. We live 5 mins from the beach, 10 mins from the city on a train and at the end of our street is a hidden valley full of native animals and a beautiful scenic walkway with a nature reserve.

I have lived in the country and it's not for me.

My husband is a very private person and would love to live out in the sticks far away from people.

The he only thing I would change is to have our mortgage paid off. I would make a few minor changes to our house but we did a big Reno 3 years ago and I like our house. I've never really thought if what my dream house would be. Dunno if that makes me weird. I grew up very poor so I am just grateful to be where I am and be living a reasonably comfortable life. This must sound so corny

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Tree change, which we have already done by moving from the city to regional NSW, but we want to do it again and move out of town, to either a small village nearby or some acres. Ideal places would be old (but renovated and in good condition) 4 or 5 acres, and a place where it snows in winter (which is just up the hill from here!).
    This sounds like our dream

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also grew up on a farm and it was very isolating. I don't wish to live like that again.

I would love to live near the beach with enough space to have a veggie garden out back. Doesn't have to be a huge garden but somewhere awesome to plant some stuff would be nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My current house is in the mountains. Lots of trees. Small weatherboard house which we're extending.

I like it here for the most part but it'd be good if the area was more flatter. I'd like somewhere with lots of acreage for kids and animals to roam/ride bikes etc.

Would be good for kids to have their own rooms too.