+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What did you do to lose weight after pregnancy?

Hi everyone, I'm not pregnant and probably won't be for a while
    Though I would just like to hear your successful weight loss stories and would like to know what you did to get the weight off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, nothing much. I just breastfed, and ate sensibly. I ate normal meals and snacks of fruit or vegetables. Drank lots of water. I also didn't eat late at night. You'll be up with your baby a lot at night, I've never eaten at a time when my body would normally be asleep, as I don't think that's good for me. But I know other women who did snack during late night feeds, and they were slim, so maybe it makes no difference?

I also think that genetics play a part, as well as being sensible with eating whilst pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genetics does play a big part so are you at your pre pregnancy weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my first I just watched what I ate and exercised. I put on over 30kgs so I had a lot to lose. It took just over a year and I was 4kgs shy of my pre pregnancy weight when I fell pregnant again. With #2 I did Michelle Bridges 12WBT twice, then counted calories and took up running. I lost all the baby weight (about 14kgs) plus some. All up I dropped about 25kgs in just over 6 months. I've put 4 on since (DS2 will be 3 in July) but otherwise I've kept it off. For me calorie counting and regular exercise works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Moxy awesome!! Sounds like quite a bit if hard work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not too much. Wasnt focused on losing baby weight and just went with the flow. Walking bubs in the pram is good, I did this alot but mostly because I just loved being out with bubs. Second time I lost the weight really quickly. I was mostly baby and fluid when pregnant, that aside I had a toddler and a newborn so was always on the go. Eating well and breastfeeding played a part in it too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anatonge1203 View Post
    @Moxy awesome!! Sounds like quite a bit if hard work!
    It was. With DS2 I was breastfeeding him at 4.15am, then going to the gym afterwards to be home in time before DH went to work. It was exhausting. Even now, I still get up at 5am to go to the gym, it's the only time I can fit it in. I put on weight very easily so I need to be pretty vigilant, and the older I get the harder it is to lose. But I'm vain and have a pretty unhealthy relationship with food and my body, so I feel like I need to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What did you do to lose weight after pregnancy?

Nothing. I gained 16kg
    Lost 9 at birth
    Then the next 7 went in the next 4 months
    Last edited by Kazza78; 30-04-2015 at 10:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did nothing either. Put on 7 (had GD so that's probably why) and was back to my pre - pregnancy weight 4 days after having DD. Had put on 2kgs with IVF and lost them in the next couple of weeks. I think sometimes it's just luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Watching what you eat when pregnant!!

With my first I gained 19kg cos I was being fat and lazy. My second I was somewhat careful and gained 12kg. This time I'm aiming for 7kg. I'm still holding onto the weight from my first two pregnancies and my ob recommended I follow a GD diet even tho I don't have GD. So far it's going well. I'm 17wks and have lost 2kg on this. Bub is measuring well and I'm feeling good.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.