+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I'm so unhappy

Last edited by yadot; 08-06-2015 at 19:36.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm so unhappy

I'm so sorry you feel like this, it's horrible isn't it?

The way you describe feeling, sounds like it could be depression. Have you spoken to you GP? That is a great first place to start, they can give you a referral to someone to talk to or possibly some medication to help.

Please don't be embarrassed about your post, it's incredibly brave to
    share when you are feeling like this.

You deserve to be happy.

ETA - I'm so sorry, I just saw the bit about going to the GP giving you anxiety.

It sounds like that still might be the best way to go though, it you're having panic attacks too... Could DH go with you? Or could you call 13 SICK for them to send a doctor to your house?

Beyond blue is a great resource too, or Mindspot (their number is 1800 61 44 34)

Good luck xx
    Last edited by MrsA2B; 30-04-2015 at 07:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs!! Please don't feel embarrassed, feeling the way you do is nothing to be ashamed about. It takes a lot of guts to admit to feeling the way you do.

I agree seeing a gp is definitely something you need to consider, but I understand the anxiety around it too. As pp said, can you start by talking to an organisation such as BeyondBlue or P.A.N.D.A? BeyondBlue have an online chat feature as well so you can talk to someone from the comfort of your home. I found them incredibly helpful. Also, if meds give you panic attacks it may be that they aren't the right meds for you. It's a big step, but if/when you speak with your gp, tell them your concerns. They may try to find other ways such as counselling, meditation etc before going down the medication route. If not, they may need to try different doses and/or medication beforw they find one that works for you- these things aren't a one size fits all type thing, different people respond differently to the various medications and it may just be you haven't found one that works for you.

Please seek help and support though, as daunting as it is, you do deserve to be happy.

As for your dh, maybe you need to be brutally honest with him about how you feel and spell it out exactly what you want/need from him. Even if its holding you while you cry, or just be a listening ear when you need to vent.

Big hugs mumma, i know it doesn't seem like it right now but you will feel better, there is a light at the end of the tunnel xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sending you great big hugs! Making friends as an adult can be so bl00dy hard!

I second what pp's have said about beyond blue or an online resource. You can be anonymous, be in the comfort of your own home, and speak to a trained professional who will know how to help.

I don't know if it's any solace, but you're not alone in feeling this way. *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too... You don't live in Brisbane by any chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    your post is heartbreaking.

I hope you manage to break through the fog and work out a way to move forward.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by yadot; 08-06-2015 at 19:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry, op. Big hugs to you. Have you tried something like library activities, etc, to have a bit of adult contact in your day, even though its not really friendship based? Maybe joining a community group or even a church - even if youre not religious, it can be a very friendly environment. Or a local volunteer type situation? It is so tough with 3 young kids, mine are similar ages & its so hard to get any time for myself. Please do take care of yourself xx

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you in Melbourne Yadot? I can be your friend.