+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mumma needs to vent..

If it's ok, I just meed to vent a little.
    DD1 is 19 months and DD2 is 16 days. I know this is normal but im exhausted. Im just so tired and constantly feel like I am chasing my tail. I really hope things will settle down. DH has been really good eith helping out with household duties etc. Im starting to feel run down and thats the last thing I want. I really don't mean to complain, I guess im just not copeing too well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's so hard at the start. You're just constantly feeding all the time!! But it does get better I promise! Ignore the housework, let it all go, and go lie down and have a nap with your bubba. Does your older bub go to dat care at all? It might give you a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs! I can't imagine how hard two kids are. Can a friend take your DD1 out for a few hours so you can sleep when DD2 sleeps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember the first time I left the house with 2 kids and ringing a friend in tears saying it was impossible! Have you any family that could help with toddler so you can nap with bub? I coslept as that meant more sleep for me which helped me cope but early days were really really hard! Now I have 3 and feel nostalgic for those easy days with 2 but I think that's faulty memory it was hard with 2 littlies and yours are closer in age so will be harder initially but hopefully they will play together later on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loupo

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does get better my girls are 15 months apart and the beginning is kaotic but things go into routine and little people adjust! In the mean time it's fine to not get dressed (you or the kids), eat two minute noodles and have mount foldmore in your washing basket!! Xx hope you get some rest soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mumma needs to vent..

My kids are close together as well and I spent the first year in tears.... It was so hard to get out the door or getting them both down for naps at the same time. You feel exhausted because it is exhausting... Hang in there, it feels like it'll never end and you'll never sleep again.. But it does and you do.. Eventually 💕💕💕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx my 2 boys are 16 months apart and I remember how exhausted I was in the early days adjusting to having 2 babies! It does get easier, but it takes time for you to adjust, and for your older one to adjust to not being centre of attention anymore. Do what you have to, to get by. I would sometimes give my older one the iPad to play with quietly while I was getting his little brother down to sleep, and then I would make sure to spend some 1 on 1 time with him before he went down for a nap too. If you can get a little bit of time when they are both sleeping at the same time, then use this as your rest time! Bugger the housework or whatever else..it can wait! I still try and get my 2 to nap at the same time so I get some time to myself each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two are 19mths apart and my bub is now 3 months old. Only in last few weeks do I finally feel like I have my s**t together and feel organised and confident enough to get out and about with both of them. My DS was extremely unsettled for the first 8wks or so which also made it hard. I don't have advice but just want you to know you're not alone and it does get better sooner than you might expect xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your kind words and support. I really hope it gets better, I feel like a wreck at the moment.