+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Norwest Private vs Nepean Private + choosing an OBGYN

@Cue I love that you discussed every point. He sounds fab. @flower power keep me posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you do want to go with Dr Blumenthal, call ASAP - with my first baby I called when I was 6wks and only got in because I was an existing patient (he had done my endometriosis surgery and saw us for fertility issues and a miscarriage).

I've also heard good things about Dr Bell and Dr Jenkins but haven't had any personal experience with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both my bubs at Nepean Private (most recently in February). I couldn't fault my experience on both occasions.

I had a c-section both times and so have spent plenty of time there!!! It felt more like a hotel than a hospital in many ways which was great.

Hubby stayed with me all 5 nights of both stays. He was supposed to 'book' in each night to stay but he never did, and the midwives never mentioned anything about it. The recliners weren't the best night's sleep he has ever had but he was always too blissed out on fatherhood to care (and he'd catch up with a sleep in my bed during the day).

Anyways, very quiet and relaxed vibe at Nepean Private. It gets a big two thumbs up from me.

Like a previous poster I went through Dr Carmela Rizvi. Very thorough, efficient and professional. Hubby and I have developed a really great relationship with her. Really appreciated her bedside manner and trusted her skill and judgement 100%. I am actually sad that as we don't plan any more kids I won't get to see her again in the capcity at least of my OB. Oh and she is always running on time when you go for appointments. If she is running late her rooms call to advise/reschedule. A 3 hr wait last week for our paed appointment reinforced how much I loved her punctuality!

Have also had friends who have had bubs at Norwest and had great experiences but haven't been there myself.

Good luck with your pregnancy. Sounds like you will be in good hands no matter where you choose to deliver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all SO much for all of the feedback! You've all been amazing and given me lots to think about xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    If you do want to go with Dr Blumenthal, call ASAP - with my first baby I called when I was 6wks and only got in because I was an existing patient (he had done my endometriosis surgery and saw us for fertility issues and a miscarriage).

I've also heard good things about Dr Bell and Dr Jenkins but haven't had any personal experience with them.
    @Cue I need to have a laparoscopy to check for endo. Any chance he'd take me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    @Cue I need to have a laparoscopy to check for endo. Any chance he'd take me?
    I would think so - just get your GP to refer you for a GYN consultation. He does his day surgeries at castle hill day surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Fantastic. Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

Cue  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    Fantastic. Thank you!
    Let me know how you go

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi flower power
    i am currently in the same position you were earlier this year. I've heard good things about norwest but Nepean private is my local hospital. Can you tell me which hospital you decided to go with and which OB? I've heard dr pardeys is great but he is already booked out. I'm really unsure who to try next!
    thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had both bubs at norwest private and Dr Jenkins was great. He does book out fast. He is in the same rooms as Dr Arrage. Good luck