+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any women joined ADF AFTER kids?

How did you go?

How did you find it?

I'm looking into it. I've found a few jobs I like. I do worry about postings though, did you find your preferences had any bearing on your final location? Did you get preference for having kids?

I know the chances of finding someone in this position is highly unlikely but I thought I'd try.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in the ADF. You wont get any preference because of your children. Until you have really 'done your time' you wont get much if not any say at all in what happens. I know people who have been in for 20 years who still get sent away when and where they dont want etc. Your whole family will need to follow you-and youll need to remain flexible. Can i ask what you are thinking of applying for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking T the Air Force. A few jobs I like the look of there.

My partner is ex-navy so I'm not naive to the life through training etc, but he was active pre-kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband has been in the RAAF for a long time. First as an Aerospace Engineer and now as a Doctor. We have 2 little kids with another on the way. We were halfway through a 3yr posting at Amberley (Brisbane) when they uprooted us and posted us to Tindal (NT) which is the most remote defence base in Aus. We didn't want to come here and tried to fight it but no luck.