Closed Thread
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - good luck for the next couple of weeks, I am not that far in yet but that idea of meeting your baby for the first time after carrying them around for so long, unceasingly brings tears for me every single time. I am so looking forward to that.... eventually !

Ferngirl - Fingers Crossed for a successful SA trip. It will be here before you know it.

Leyshoja - 2 on board plus 2 in the freezer is a great job. That is 4 potential sets of school fees there ! Remember, it is quality not quantity in SA, unlike in Aus sometimes where. Fingers crossed for your bloods in due course.

Hopeful - I am a week ahead of you. I found the time flew buy up until 8 weeks and since then it has slowed dramatically ... probably because I've had no more scans or little milestones to get through. Though Monday is the first OB appt and another scan (hopefully !). Then I have to work out when I start telling the next 'tier' of friends and work. At the moment, I am sure there are more than a few people saying 'jees she has put on weight lately' - yes it is MS food rather than babettes but that isn't the point !

KMP - your comment "A child of my own to explore the world with" could have come straight from my mouth (or fingers ....). That is something I can't wait for.

TannyMac - I am with you on the MS. Arghhhhh. It seems to go through phases .... 5.5w it started and I felt dreadful and it was so distracting but it seemed to get under control (either naturally or with everything I threw at it, who knows) and then I had a couple of weeks of sick but not horrendous but about 9w it hit again in a bad way and I have started to throw up now - not often (but I shall never eat an orange segment again after a particularly unpleasant episode) so again, the MS is much more of an issue than it was and I have these episodes of light-headedness which is just weird. I keep trying to associate positive vibes with it and am hoping that by 14w it will have gone. I have to admit I am not physically enjoying the first trimester .... I

Oh, I found a podcast which I listen to - no idea if it helps but it can't hurt ! (I love his irish accent if nothing else) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzsLdfD-ZM

The one thing I have felt that has worked with the MS is accupuncture. I have had it weekly since 3 months prior to conception and have to admit I notice nothing generally BUT I have specifically been twice now for MS and have noticed that the MS is 90% reduced for about 36 hours afterwards. A very nice respite.

OK, now a question for those expecting twins ..... how are you referring to them (either publicly or to yourself) ? Have you 'named them' ? I have been running through things in my head and 'the twins' reminds me of my set of spinster Great Aunts "The Aunts" and then I have moved onto 'Bill & Ben' as in 'the flowerpot men' but I am really trying to avoid gender references as I haven't decided yet if I want to know and/or tell people.

Any suggestions would be very welcome or when hese kids are born they are going to be convinced their names are Twin A and Twin B as that is how I will have referred to them all along !

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (19-07-2015),TannyMac  (17-07-2015),Zara01  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Patsy and KMP it's going to be a busy few weeks for births. I'm currently 35.5 weeks but my OB is hoping for 37 - 38 weeks (won't go further because of the risk of stillbirth at my age) so our babies might be arriving at the same time!

Cathy I haven't had twins but have always wanted a pair of choc Labradors called Fruit and Nut. Cute and not gender specific. Our first baby we called 'him' throughout the pregnancy (we didn't actually know his sex) and this one is 'her' just to be fair (we don't know this one either). Although there is always someone who doesn't listen and assumes you actually know! I'm also calling this one Squishy from the Nemo movie.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (18-07-2015),Cathy69  (17-07-2015),TannyMac  (17-07-2015),Zara01  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mardicharli View Post
    Wow Patsy and KMP it's going to be a busy few weeks for births. I'm currently 35.5 weeks but my OB is hoping for 37 - 38 weeks (won't go further because of the risk of stillbirth at my age) so our babies might be arriving at the same time!

Cathy I haven't had twins but have always wanted a pair of choc Labradors called Fruit and Nut. Cute and not gender specific. Our first baby we called 'him' throughout the pregnancy (we didn't actually know his sex) and this one is 'her' just to be fair (we don't know this one either). Although there is always someone who doesn't listen and assumes you actually know! I'm also calling this one Squishy from the Nemo movie.
    Lol squishy ! When I was transferred the first time I had nicknamed the embies larry and mo, I can't even remember why. That's what these two will become again I suspect .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @leyshoja are you back yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    New thread and with your roll call over here.