Closed Thread
Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Leyshoja, great numbers! Congratulations.

i think the 'soufflé' analogy is pretty close to how I was looking at it too. If you can see the track record of them dividing, you can pick the best of the best to put back. I know the whole 'team' are great quality, but who wouldn't want to go with the 'best and fairest' award winner and it's runner-up!

Irony Dept: a few pages (or threads) ago the talk was of trying to find a donor with the same blood type .... DH and I picked ours for looks (like me) and it turns out she has the same blood type (AB+) as DH, how ironic is that? Isn't AB+ as rare as you can get? I'm O- so will I have issues with blood types (my sister was + and my Mum was - and there were issues). Does anyone know?

hope things are going well for everyone, where ever you are up ... It looks like we will be PUPO on 25th Aug. Yay!
    Jennski - your blood type is what is called Rhesus Negative. As your donor and your DH are both positive they will have to watch you in case you have any bleeds during pregnancy. If you do they will give you an 'anti- D' injection. You will also need to get one on the day you deliver.
    I have had to have one with each bleed I have had so far (4 so far) and will also have to have another at 28 weeks and at birth of our twins.
    It's not really a big deal as long as you get the needle.

http://www.babycenter.com.au/a568837...t-my-pregnancy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Leyshoja – What a fantastic result. You are obviously happy and relieved with this outcome. You and DH are definitely looking at a 5 day transfer. How are you enjoying CT? I think you can relax for a bit now and enjoy yourself in the Mother City before having to deal with the dreaded 2WW.

Emski – Hopefully things will start moving for you now when the Dr is back in the office. The waiting is excruciating.

Jennski – Looks like I’ll be a day behind you, on being PUPO. Our transfer day for our FET is 26 August. By the way my blood type is also AB+, and I knew chances of getting a donor with that blood type would be a mission, because it’s so rare. We ended up choosing a donor with A+. I see the other ladies have already answered your questions.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (13-07-2015),Jennski  (13-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunnygirl - his name is James Harrison and he has donated blood in the Anti-D program more than 1100 times. You are right that there is tiny part of his blood in every Anti-D injection in Australia. There are about 200 donors Australia wide that donate their plasma (the water component of blood) that is made into these injections by a company called CSL after the Australian Blood Service collects it.

Jennski - as everyone has said, you will simply have an Anti-D injection at some time either during or after this pregnancy because the problems only occur for 2nd pregnancies as the mother builds up anti-bodies because of her negative blood type and it is these antibodies that will usually end a second pregnancy if that baby is the father's positive blood type. If you go back 30 years, this issue was called 'Blue Baby Syndrome' - why I have no idea !

End of trivia lesson for today.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @faith, we are loving CT but all this walking, driving, eating.... It is exhausting lol. It's a tough life....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-07-2015),mardicharli  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay leyshoja, maybe see you there faith and jennski.
    Quick question has anyone hired a car on their Cape Town visit? I read most people taking about taxis and uber but we are keen to hire?
    Afm... Finally got my donors results and plan on Friday (yay), so we have started our planning, we will hopefully transfer 29th but will stay till the 4th in case blood type was different from what I was told b- to b+ !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi @ferngirl we hired a car for the whole time on our first go...much easier. It's about $26/day for a corolla or similar and $89 for a GPS for the whole time, petrol was about $30 a tank for our little car. Much easier getting around esp. if you're doing a lot of sightseeing and the road rules are the same as here. We hired though Avis the first time and just got them to drop the car to our hotel on day 2 ...didn't like the idea of driving after that long flight in. Vineyard Car Hire is supposed to be good too.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (13-07-2015),Jennski  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fern girl, we have hired a car. It is $350 for 13 days including a one off fee for additional driver. We have decided to take our own GPS rather than hire one. We can download a map of SA for $60 vs hire at about $9 per day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ferngirl - I have hired 3 times and wouldn't do it any other way. I have used Hertz (had a problem with their GPS wich they just ignored), Avis (no hassles) and Woodford (great but only 100klms per day icluded which was tough for me). I always hire a GPS too and CT is easy to drive around. Parking is even easier in the city with the men who take your money rather than a parking meter (the parking meters were removed to increase employment opportunities....). Some drivers drive horrendously fast and othrs the opposite but no-ne ever uses their horn and drivers are generally not aggressive. I have driven in an quite a few countries and CT is easy. Go for it.

FYI if you do hie a car, each petrol station has attendants and they will fill the tank, do the windows etc, just give them a tip - it is very nice not having tofind the petrol cap yourself - which for some reason I struggle with in rental cars !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We hired and drive around. No probs at all as our accommodation supplied free parking too. So much easier than taxiing and parking is sooooo cheap. V&A was $1 per hour. Can't remember who we hired through but picked up and dropped off at airport.
    For everyone hiring gps, save your money. We just used Google maps whilst over there. Only cost a bit of our internet $$. Minimal, especially if you looked up your destination before you left your accommodation.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (13-07-2015),Jennski  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a hire car. There is so much more you can do with your own transport eg hermanus, stellanbosch and franschoek. I'll post all the things we did when I'm home next week.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (13-07-2015)