Closed Thread
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 985
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Holy truck, we got 24 eggs retrieved, 23 mature and injected, 14 showing fertilisation so far !! I thought if it was more than 15 they banked the others ?? Anyway... Yay for us

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    crabby  (12-07-2015),ferngirl  (13-07-2015),Hopeful1975  (12-07-2015),Jennski  (12-07-2015),KLM0511  (13-07-2015),mardicharli  (12-07-2015),Patsy73  (12-07-2015),TannyMac  (12-07-2015)

  3. #932
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Massive increase in twins this year.
    I for one choose to believe in the fantastical capabilities of the Embryoscope.
    Me too. If there are 8 embies that all look the same, to see that only a couple of them divided exactly evenly and timely, makes those couple better in my book
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 12-07-2015 at 00:13.

  4. #933
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Holy truck, we got 24 eggs retrieved, 23 mature and injected, 14 showing fertilisation so far !! I thought if it was more than 15 they banked the others ?? Anyway... Yay for us
    Wow🙀! Great numbers Leyshoja ...
    We thought the same thing when we were there but got to work with all 20 of our eggs. You will definitely be having a day 5 Tx and should have some great embies to pick from.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

    JulieMalooley  (12-07-2015)

  6. #934
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Wow🙀! Great numbers Leyshoja ...
    We thought the same thing when we were there but got to work with all 20 of our eggs. You will definitely be having a day 5 Tx and should have some great embies to pick from.
    I'm wondering if it's an option presented to the donor - "if you have over 15 do you want to donate to egg bank, or all to your donor..."

  7. #935
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I'm wondering if it's an option presented to the donor - "if you have over 15 do you want to donate to egg bank, or all to your donor..."
    We thought maybe after this last cycle that maybe they have good stocks in the 'bank' at the moment so they don't need to add to it ??

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

    JulieMalooley  (12-07-2015)

  9. #936
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,617
    Thanks
    1,316
    Thanked
    5,589
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think they do have a full bank, I haven't heard of one lady here having to hand over eggs over the last few years?

  10. #937
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked
    359
    Reviews
    0
    Leyshoja, great numbers! Congratulations.

    i think the 'soufflé' analogy is pretty close to how I was looking at it too. If you can see the track record of them dividing, you can pick the best of the best to put back. I know the whole 'team' are great quality, but who wouldn't want to go with the 'best and fairest' award winner and it's runner-up!

    Irony Dept: a few pages (or threads) ago the talk was of trying to find a donor with the same blood type .... DH and I picked ours for looks (like me) and it turns out she has the same blood type (AB+) as DH, how ironic is that? Isn't AB+ as rare as you can get? I'm O- so will I have issues with blood types (my sister was + and my Mum was - and there were issues). Does anyone know?

    hope things are going well for everyone, where ever you are up ... It looks like we will be PUPO on 25th Aug. Yay!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

    Canuck1  (12-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-07-2015)

  12. #938
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Leyshoja, great numbers! Congratulations.

    i think the 'soufflé' analogy is pretty close to how I was looking at it too. If you can see the track record of them dividing, you can pick the best of the best to put back. I know the whole 'team' are great quality, but who wouldn't want to go with the 'best and fairest' award winner and it's runner-up!

    Irony Dept: a few pages (or threads) ago the talk was of trying to find a donor with the same blood type .... DH and I picked ours for looks (like me) and it turns out she has the same blood type (AB+) as DH, how ironic is that? Isn't AB+ as rare as you can get? I'm O- so will I have issues with blood types (my sister was + and my Mum was - and there were issues). Does anyone know?

    hope things are going well for everyone, where ever you are up ... It looks like we will be PUPO on 25th Aug. Yay!
    Hi Jennski,
    I too am O-, I have been reading quite a bit about RH factor. Nowadays as long as you are identified as RH- and your doctor treats you as such there should be no problem. There is no placental transfer from embryo/fetus before 12 weeks. However if you have a miscarriage, for safety's sake ask for a Rhogham (name in Canada) shot. My RE says it is not necessary, but I was happy to have it after both of my miscarriages. If you make it to 28 weeks they will also give you a Rhogham shot. Basically any time there is the possibility of bleeding you should get a Rhogham shot.
    I'm not a doctor (but I play one on television - joke), but after my miscarriage I read up on this and it does not play a factor in causing miscarriage (9 books later).

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

    Jennski  (13-07-2015)

  14. #939
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked
    280
    Reviews
    0
    In Oz this is the Anti D shot. I am O - and DH is O + so I had the shot with my miscarriage earlier this year. My donor is A +, so any kids will be Rh pos, either A or O.All the Anti D in Oz comes from the blood of one man, it is estimated that around two million shots have been created from this one man.
    Last edited by Sunnygirl04; 12-07-2015 at 12:52.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

    Jennski  (13-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-07-2015)

  16. #940
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

    .
    Last edited by Blinky76; 12-07-2015 at 16:06.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #7
    By emski72 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1114
    Last Post: 15-02-2015, 16:15
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #6
    By KLM0511 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 986
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 13:28
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #5
    By wishmeluck in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 926
    Last Post: 18-06-2014, 10:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!