Closed Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow huge congratulations @TannyMac! You must be so excited !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tannymac congratulations! That is so wonderful, and I really wish you a wonderful, healthy, happy pregnancy!

Leyshoja, as being from there, I can tell you most people generally appreciate any sort of tip, and will not feel insulted. It is expected in restaurants, but again not so obsessed with 10% - people just happy you give something.
    A word of advice, you will probably come across the annoying "carguards" if you hire a car, although very few of them are official, and most self-appointed. Expect to get asked for money, to "watch" your car, or just because you were showed a parking spot you saw in any case. Best way to get around that is to remain very friendly and "appreciative" but do not give money in advance - always say you will give on your return if your car is safe - most of the time the person is either not there, or actually do then watch your car for you. (not to cause you any alarm, but if you blindly refuse to pay, you might end up with a scratch on your car, so above strategy is best). This might not be such a big problem in CT itself, but you coudl come across this in smaller towns.

Enjoy your time there, such a lovely city. What area are you staying?

LisaXXX, thank you for the breakdown of costs, that is extremely helpful, and I can start planning my budget.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zara01 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (08-07-2015),Lisaxxx  (08-07-2015),TannyMac  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zara01 View Post
    Tannymac congratulations! That is so wonderful, and I really wish you a wonderful, healthy, happy pregnancy!

Leyshoja, as being from there, I can tell you most people generally appreciate any sort of tip, and will not feel insulted. It is expected in restaurants, but again not so obsessed with 10% - people just happy you give something.
    A word of advice, you will probably come across the annoying "carguards" if you hire a car, although very few of them are official, and most self-appointed. Expect to get asked for money, to "watch" your car, or just because you were showed a parking spot you saw in any case. Best way to get around that is to remain very friendly and "appreciative" but do not give money in advance - always say you will give on your return if your car is safe - most of the time the person is either not there, or actually do then watch your car for you. (not to cause you any alarm, but if you blindly refuse to pay, you might end up with a scratch on your car, so above strategy is best). This might not be such a big problem in CT itself, but you coudl come across this in smaller towns.

Enjoy your time there, such a lovely city. What area are you staying?

LisaXXX, thank you for the breakdown of costs, that is extremely helpful, and I can start planning my budget.
    Thanks @Zara01, good tips I will certainly keep in mind. We are staying at the v&a waterfront for the first week then at the vineyard hotel at Claremont for the second week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TannyMac View Post
    Hi everyone. Had my scan and we have 2 lovely bubs with heartbeats of 118 and 122. Both are measuring to my exact date today of 6 wks and 5 days. Fingers crossed things keep progressing. Feel very blessed right now with both taking as we have none in the freezer. Will have another scan in 2 weeks. So relieved!! Just annoyed we didn't do DE earlier but everyone has their path to travel. Mine just took 10 years!
    Wonderful news on your scan TannyMac

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wahoo tannymac big congrats

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news TM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news Tannymac: Congratulations!
    CFC certainly have a good strike rate with twins this year 😁

Some advice for those planning to go over next year: if you pay your deposit before the end of the year you will be charged 2015 prices.

Zara: I didn't keep as accurate a tally as Lisa but we would have been about the $8-9000 mark for agency & medical costs.
    This included additional medication that I purchased at CFC. (I needed extra Lucrin as my donors cycle was extended).
    Other costs included:
    ** additional Gestone to last until 10 weeks.
    ** Sperm donor fees
    ** Embryo freezing

As it was our second cycle with the same donor agency we got a discount so our donor agency fee was reduced from $1400 to $1000.

There are lots of styles of accommodation in CT so if you can book early enough there are some great discounts to be had. This same theory also goes with flights.

As it was our second cycle I was brave enough to be a bit more 'forward' with regards to insisting on set timeframes. As a result, we were lucky and I had my treatment plan by the end of October for an end of January cycle. Of course this can all be dependant on which agency you work with as some will only let you book a donor 3 months out. I had mine agree and booked in July.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TannyMac - congratulations ! As you said Blinky - CFC's twn strike rate is extremely high this year !

Zara - re travel costs - I did a 14 day trip on my own with car hire, nice self contained accomodation and lots of seafood meals with DE and DS and all med costs, for just under $15,000.

Leyshoja - re tipping. Service staff in SA aren't paid a salary, they exist on tips alone. I always did 15-20% or more for good/great service and 10% for average. Give someone a R50 tip (about $5.50) and see the look on their face - it will make you want to throw money at them ! And I DO NOT tip in Aus.

AFM - I am 8w5d today and everything seems to be going fine for my 2 onboard. I actually bought some basic maternity clothes today for work as my middle seems to be expanding before my eyes - mostly bloating I suspect .....

There isn't a morning that goes by where before I even open my eyes, I don't feel for my chest just to make sure I am still tender and 'wait' for the nausea to kick in 15mins after waking ! For those that get MS, I have tried everything suggested everywhere and and really the only things that have worked for me are fruit (pears especially), carbohydrates (especially raison toast), sweet tea and Elevit Morning Sickness tabs twice a day. It is now manageable and as I said to Dr M's receptionist G last night - all self inflicted so I can't complain !

Like everyone, I am looking forward to the next scan in 10 days time .....

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (08-07-2015),Hopeful1975  (08-07-2015),Jennski  (08-07-2015),JulieMalooley  (08-07-2015),midnite01  (08-07-2015),TannyMac  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great news Tanny Mac!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan done, lining is at 10mm and the donor will provide 'at least' 10 follicles according to the Dr so all on track. EPU is on Friday.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (09-07-2015),Jennski  (08-07-2015),mardicharli  (08-07-2015),Patsy73  (08-07-2015),Sunnygirl04  (08-07-2015)