Closed Thread
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

I've been on my synarel for over a week now and just started on my progynova today. Just had a nasty surprise (tmi alert) a large amount of clear jelly like CM with a reasonable amount of reddish brown through it ! Eep !!! I've emailed CFC to ask what to do but has anyone had anything similar ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    The estrogen will give you ewcm, I had a full AF 2 weeks before leaving and all was OK with my lining, you should be fine, you were on bcp before right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    The estrogen will give you ewcm, I had a full AF 2 weeks before leaving and all was OK with my lining, you should be fine, you were on bcp before right?
    Yes I was. Phew thanks @emski, that makes me feel better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! This is my first post. Have done tons of reading throughout various threads. Am in fact a Canadian, but have just returned from CT, having completed our very first DE cycle, only to yield a very disappointing BFN. Having a hard time wrapping my head around what has happened. Still have 4 frozen embies but can't help believing that it was the quality that yielded our negative outcome. And yet only received written confirmation of the quality after requesting a follow-up report from our doc.
    Trying very hard not to dispair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no cj, nothing worse than another bfn. It can be heartbreaking and also what I'm afraid of, I'm hopefully off to ct in aug, but have decided to mentally prepare for at least two bfn and FET to keep sane and my expectations realistic especially after so many failed Ivf.
    Had you a proven donor ? Sorry I have not been yet so I'm not sure what information they give you? At least you have some frozen which I guess mean they were quality enough to get to day 5, and I hear they are are very strict in keeping only very good ones, as opposed to oz. Maybe it's too early days but are you planning a FET ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CJ devastating but what was the quality? They usually only freeze if good there. It's not unusual to get BFN first time. I know plenty of people who have used donor even in Oz who have fallen on subsequent cycles.

Take the time you need but don't give up hope if you are still dreaming of being a mum..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Cj they took forever to confirm frosties with me too, the lab communication there is not the best. They also sent me some grading system that made no sense. I suggest you email your CFC doctor and discuss the quality. Also ask the lab to give you an indicator of how good they are, I found I got an easier grading system second time around.
    Sorry to hear you had a bfn, its not easy but DE is not a silver bullet either. Time to grieve, then regroup, the FET protocol is much easier, less stress and you can do it in 4 days.
    Thinking of you - having to go back is not fun.
    Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CJ: Sorry to hear your first trip to CT didn't work but have faith in those frosties of yours! As KMP and Ferngirl have said, CFC are pretty strict about what they freeze (they wouldn't freeze our remaining two as they said they weren't good enough).
    Good luck with what you decide to do going forward.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Ladies - you have no idea how comforting it was to find your notes at the end of my day.
    We did not use CFC, but rather HART Fertility in CT, and sadly had lots of less than stellar bits to our experience, before this awful final outcome. Didn't want a big clinic, and opted rather for a smaller, more intimate practice with a doctor that had experienced fertility himself. Clinic was non-professional and sloppy.
    Embies we transferred were graded 1BB and 1BC - have no idea what the quality/grade of our 4 we froze, although was assured that we transferred our best 2!
    I've been spontaneously pregnant 4 times (all unsuccessfully). The quality of my eggs is the issue. So to not have even been successful at achieving a BFP through this process with younger ones is inordinately painful. I want to go back in time and do it all over, or fast-forward to a place that doesn't hurt like it does now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CJ

I am going to suggest you consider changing to CFC - at least talk to them to get a different perspective. CFC are not what I would call a large clinic, they are very personable and very focussed on getting a pregnancy going. As far as my limited knowledge of the SA system goes, it isn't an issue moving embryo's between clinics if that is what you choose to do. As the embryo's were '1' does that mean you had 2 or 3 day transfers rather than 5 day blast's ? CFC have a really high rate of success and try to get the emby's to 5 days before either freezing or transferring. (Having said that there are women on this board who have had 3 day transfers very successfully ! )

But right now the BFN is tough to deal with - you have everyone's sympathies.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do - it is a hard journey.
    Last edited by Cathy69; 25-06-2015 at 19:37.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-06-2015)