Closed Thread
Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What is it about my appointments and inclement weather?!?!

Thankfully had my scan today with no hitches or worries. Sonographer could not understand why it couldn't have been done last week but said that there are a lot of students where I had gone (I think the lady was too scared to do the scan last week).

In one week so much can change. Head measuring 19 weeks, all looking good. Heart was amazing to watch in function. To think it's been soldiering on weeks already. A much nicer experience for Mum, and I think she was a bit teary learning that her little granddaughter will be delivered on her birthday.

Bubs had moved position since last week and I'm certain she was swimming like crazy with me at seim squad this week.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend out of any wooly weather.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (01-05-2015),Canuck1  (01-05-2015),mardicharli  (01-05-2015),Miss Sagi  (01-05-2015),Sunnygirl04  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Firstly, Canuck, others have already said it all. An MC is an awful experience to go through, particularly for such a wanted child. Take time to grieve and be kind to yourself. I went through one early in the year, my husband was away when it started and I called my FIL at 10:30 at night to take me to hospital. This was an IVF pregnancy as well, MC at 8 weeks after no heartbeat on scan. I am Rh neg (DH is positive) as well and my FS gave me the antiD shot as a routine matter.

Crabby -twins! Yay, the twin club for this year is going great guns.

Miss Sagi and Devaki - good to hear that your test results have come back as very low risk. I had planned to have the Harmony test on OE IVF pregnancies given my age (44). I am not so sure if I would with DE given the donor's age - Miss Sagi was it mainly for complete peace of mind or another reason?

KMP - Team Pink! How special for your mum to know she will have such an amazing birthday. It also sounds like you are in my part of the world (Sunshine Coast), so far we have not floated away but we are meant to be driving to Brissie tomorrow for my mum's 75th birthday if the Bruce Hwy is open.

AFM - my known potential donor has declined so we are now a definite for August. Am currently trying to reduce my list down to a shortlist to choose from and mapping out a rough travel plan.

sunny
    Last edited by Sunnygirl04; 01-05-2015 at 23:04. Reason: edit for typos

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (02-05-2015),Canuck1  (01-05-2015),crabby  (02-05-2015),KLM0511  (01-05-2015),KMP  (02-05-2015),Miss Sagi  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunny, i had decided not to do the harmony test as it was 22yr old donor eggs and because it was an expensive test and they can't tell you the sex when twins. So when my nuchal scan results came back with high risk the OB recommended I have the harmony test as its more accurate. I really did it for peace of mind.

Keep on searching, I had 2 donors decline me and funny enough 1 of them came back 2wks later and said she'd thought about it and would do it. That was the donor I ended up using so hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think Sunny was talking about a local donor declined. You'll find SA a lot easier I think and less like they are choosing you, you'll have more options.
    We did the harmony test with our donor cycle, my DH has a sister with severe down syndrome and he wanted to make sure everything was OK even though our donor was 22.

How are our other May/June girls going? I have the AF from hell after taking provera... No issues with the Synarel yet but I have to take it for a month 😕 ... Getting myself organised for the trip now so it's getting more exciting!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (03-05-2015),Miss Sagi  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny sad news but indirectly good news. Weather has turned glorious within a few hours.

Feel free to message me any time. Yep I'm on the Sunshine Coast too. Know a few people here in the same boat.

KP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hating the Synarel Emski, nasal sprays just not my thing. The bad cold I had this last week hasn't helped any either. Thankfully my nasal congestion has cleared up and taking Synarel is better now, but I still hate spraying stuff into my nose.

I can't believe that we will be leaving two weeks tomorrow, it seemed so far away for so long but is now approaching like a speeding train.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

for clarity, I had a known, local donor (my niece) that we had approached. But she declined. So now I am trying to trim my 'possible' SA list in to a short list for DH and to make a final selection from.

KMP, thanks for offer, I will take you up on that and send you a PM in the next few days. Made to Brissie after the highway was a parking lot; extra 45 mins added to a normal 90 min trip.

sunny

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

KMP  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have some questions about frozen embryo transfers, any information would be helpful.

How soon after your miscarriage/BFN could you back to CFC? I am thinking about going at the beginning of June provided that everything gets back on track.

My doctor here and I would like to avoid the suppression/estrogen/progesterone drugs that CFC recommends for this cycle. My hormone levels have always been good. Has anyone gone for a FET and used only progesterone? Or has anyone followed their local doctor's protocol and if so, how did you approach CFC?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I have a question about South Africia travel adaptors. I went to Myer on the weekend and brought two and they looked it up and said it is the same one that is used in Japan and the adaptor has two prongs. I've just done a google search and on the **** Smith website the South Africa travel adaptors have three prongs. Can someone let me know which one is correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Lisa its 3 prongs - here's a picture - 2 smaller prongs and one thicker for the earthing prong. Another tip is, take a small power board if you have a lot of electronics to charge/use as it gives you multiple power points with the one adaptor.
    Attached Images

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (04-05-2015),mardicharli  (04-05-2015)