Closed Thread
Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck I'm so sorry about your miscarriage

I emailed Cyndi the nurse and booked in for an intraplid session in SA. I haven't had the opportunity previously to have one (I have only used prednisolone and clexane) and thought It couldn't hurt. I also said that I would like to use Embryoscope after I had read on here about it previously. Just to let anyone know that is going over and wants to use Embryoscope they advised me there is limited space and only 6 patients can fit in. I have confirmed that I will be using it and have paid for it so I didn't miss out. It costs R4000.00.

We have done our airfares and accommodation now just to look at a safari etc. Looking forward to catching up with Emski and EmmaJane for dinner in SA.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (01-05-2015),emski72  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisaxxxx, are you getting intralipid at cfc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cathy. They gave me the RH shot (CDN equivalent of Anti-D) for my miscarriage and the blood scan on Monday morning showed a negative antibody screen, so I'm okay for this one. My doctor also confirmed:

"Until at least 8 weeks of gestation, there are no fetal red blood cells in the maternal circulation. Earlier Rhogam injection would have been unnecessary, and your blood tests proved that you had no antibody response to any stray fetal red blood cells that could have reached your circulation. At the earliest, Rhogam is recommended for an 8-week or later bleed. Many physicians will routinely order Rhogam for earlier bleeds, but this is a knee jerk reflex and not based on science or physiology. Or it is based on legal defensiveness."

Lisa, I went on a day safari to Inverdoorn with Ulungelee Tours (recommended by an earlier poster). I very much enjoyed it and felt that it was good value at $275 for me for the day. If I was with a partner, I would have liked to go to Sanbona, which is 3 hours from Cape Town.
    Last edited by Canuck1; 30-04-2015 at 23:41.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    Lisaxxxx, are you getting intralipid at cfc?
    Hi yes I am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I've read on here before that some ladies use Ubers to get around. We don't plan to hire a car. I've download the app on my phone and set up an account for Ubers and I had to scan my credit card. For ladies that have used these are you able to pay cash when you use an Uber?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I thought that was the point that it is cashless? Not sure - I'm curious of others experiences using it over there too as I'll be solo and no doubt paranoid!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No you don't pay cash. That's why it's safer and easier. You get a receipt immediately and you have to do driver feedback. It's 100% out of the drivers hands. The app does it all on both ends- calculates the fare and takes the money.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (01-05-2015),emski72  (01-05-2015),Lisaxxx  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Did you use under black or standard KMP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only ever standard. I can't see the point in paying more if only for a better car. They drove far better and safer than cab drivers and airline chauffeurs. I almost had a heart attack with a Melbourne driver a few months ago

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All good with Uber. Great system. At the end of the ride you just get out of the car. "Thanks driver, bye". You don't have to show your phone or anything like that. Best way to get around if you don't hire a car.
    I love that you get to see the number plate of the car that accepts the job and his name, so you know that the car pulling up is the right one.
    I used both the standard and black, both so cheap, depended on my mood.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (01-05-2015),emski72  (01-05-2015)