Closed Thread
Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh. Until I was really really pregnant only a couple of people knew and fortunately I didn't have to keep talking about it. It was just a little expensive, time consuming hobby for some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah it's really hard to get in, I just did a random date for when I thought we might be in cpt about 4 months before we left and lucked out. I also did the same for Pot Luck Club. Do the wine paired degustation if it's prior to transfer its amazing...although you can do it without wine.
    I didn't tell many people we were going to cpt but once back and at about 16w I was pretty open about how I got pregnant, I just didn't want any speculation when I got back whether or not it worked etc or the pitiful faces if it didn't. And by sharing what I went through I've inspired someone else who is struggling with infertility to consider SA. As I said to someone, if I'm open about it I might just be able to help someone else.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (19-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-06-2015),KLM0511  (25-06-2015),Lisaxxx  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski it's true. I've inspired people that I had no idea were considering becoming parents. I've had no negatives, only lost my closest friend and her children which is good. The only people I thought may have issues- weeks after telling them no replies from them at all. It's been well after a year now. Their girls loved me and would go nuts if they knew I was coming. Best to clear the cupboard of issues though, before you bring a bundle of joy and positivity into your life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Seahorse on the arrival of your little one, glad everything is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's tough kmp and you are right !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to think - with family and friends - it will be easier to just tell anyone who asks that it was a donor. If they don't specifically ask, then yep it was another ivf cycle. I don't want to have to remember who knows and who doesn't. We were going to tell family only, but then went to dinner with close friends of DP's the other night and was asked if the drugs I've just started are to 'increase the number of eggs' and yep, I lied. Then was asked how many I expected at egg pickup. Unfortunately they had other ivf friends so knew a fair bit about it....
    If it comes up again with anyone I will just say we ended up having to use a donor, I suppose. It really sh1ts me that I'm stressing about what other people think.
    At work though, I'm just sick of being the office gossip (I suspect as I know what they are all like) so I'll be falling pregnant while on holiday in CT. Completely true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja nobody has baulked when I say she's donor and who knows what she'll look like. Not one person has raised an eyebrow. All I get is congratulations and how fantastic it is for me and how proud people are, which in itself is lovely and surprising. I have a face that can't lie- a roadmap of my feelings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Not to add more into the mix, but I will...at the end of the day this is ultimately the child's story more than yours too, you have to consider that. It's weird when you realise a child is a very real possibility and its not just about you and DH anymore. We decided to be completely open and honest with E from day dot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's only about the child for me
    Their ownership of their heritage, the love they are born into, and confidence of understanding how they fit into this world.

I often think about instilling resilience, generosity and understanding from the beginning. Without donation and generosity I would not be where I am now and I hope to raise my child with a sense of love and generosity that stems from this whole process.

That's my dream anyway- it is a girl!?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'll definitely always be open and honest with the child - its all the outsiders that I'm sick of being grilled by. I guess it just wears really thin after years.