Closed Thread
Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Did anyone request additional tests for their donor? The "treatment request form" indicates that this is our choice, and I know my husband will want to review in great detail whether we should request something additional! Personally I don't even know what other tests to consider....

Any input gratefully received,
    Thanks
    Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news on the rainbow test Miss Sagi.

Kay, I didn't ask for any additional tests from EDSA. They provided a good medical history, a keirsey test, handwriting and a drawing. The one thing I did ask for was information on previous cycles (pregnancy rates), which I would do again. I would only use a proven donor as that way CFC knows the medication doses to get the optimal results. (Forgive my expression, I'm on tylenol #3s today).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Some request AMH testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Canuck, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. My heart goes out to you. Please take care of yourself and when you are ready you will have lots of frosties just waiting for you.

xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay2015, for our original donor we requested AMH testing as she had not donated before and we wanted to make sure she had good ovarian reserve, although due to her BMI we had to chose a different donor in the end. As our second donor had donated with success last year we did not need the AMH tested in the end. I would personally only bother with AMH if your donor is unproven or didn't have good results for a previous donation

I also requested a couple of the genetic tests that wouldn't take too long for the results to come through, just to rule them out (like sickle cell) but this was only because they were the cheaper tests, so I thought why not? If you have concerns I would suggest just to do some research on each of them to compare risk vs cost vs time taken for results.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    Hi all

Did anyone request additional tests for their donor? The "treatment request form" indicates that this is our choice, and I know my husband will want to review in great detail whether we should request something additional! Personally I don't even know what other tests to consider....

Any input gratefully received,
    Thanks
    Kay
    We requested AMH and it was money well spent as it turned out that our young donor had a very low ovarian reserve. We moved to another donor and didn't do AMH for her as she'd donated before and that had been successful. I think it cost about $70AUD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I've been off the radar for a while but have tried to catch up on the threads.

Canuck, I'm so sorry to her your sad news, stay strong and grieve and once ready, hit the road again! I did and glad I did with two on board now lol!

Crabby, I experienced bad thoughts and anxiety and I swear I was clinically depressed though not diagnosed...the first two months were awful and just like you said, I wasn't even happy and delighted with such great news of being pregnant. I've been better now for the last 2 weeks since I stopped my tonnes of pills but even then both my DH and I have moments when we totally freak out! Well be having 3 under 3!!!! Its frightening, overwhelming and scary!
    If you wonna PM me re bad thoughts, I'm happy to have a further chat.

We had our nuchal scan yesterday and we also did the blood test that determins any gene or chromosomal abnormalities as well as sex. Well, we are all good no abnormalities or other nasties and both bubs looked absolutely gorgeous! DH and myself were in tears when looking at these two wriggling. We also know that one is 100% a boy as the test confirmed Y chromosome in my blood. And the other was 70% a girl based on the scan. So one of each for us

Wishing all the best for the girls heading off to SA soon! And all the strength for other expectant mummies and fresh mummies ! Much love to you all!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (30-04-2015),Canuck1  (30-04-2015),crabby  (30-04-2015),Hopeful1975  (30-04-2015),KLM0511  (30-04-2015),Lisaxxx  (30-04-2015),Miss Sagi  (30-04-2015),Patsy73  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Devaki, so pleased to read your update. Glad everything is going well!
    CD 1 for me today so onto synarel and away we go again! Getting excited now and have started getting my economy fare survival kit together - moulded ear plugs, decent eye mask, movies on the tablet etc.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (30-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (01-05-2015),Lisaxxx  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Devaki, great news on your scan.
    I think everyone goes through emotions at some stage. Interesting that your harmony results confirmed a chromosone for sex. I received my results on paper this morning and it doesn't mention it at all...spewing! Although I had one confirmed as being a boy from the scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck

So sorry about the miscarriage and whether the illness caused it or not, it couldn't have helped BUT remember, we generally miscarry for a reason. This one just wasn't meant to be.

Re you being Rh neg. I don't know about bleeding during pregnancy but in terms of the next pregnancy, it should only be an issue if your SD is Rh pos BUT in Australia OB's automatically give any RH- woman what we call an 'Anti-D' immunisation either during first pregnancy, after first birth or after a 1st miscarriage irrespective of the father's blood type. If you haven't been given it yet - ask your OB or FS or at the Hospital when you have the D&C.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (01-05-2015)