Closed Thread
Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Lisa I'm ok... I bounce back pretty quick these days.

If you're scared to test too early I'd say 8dp5dt or even 9dpt, transfer day being day 0 and allow for the time difference.

Got it all crossed for you! Will have a think about housing... There are a few apartments in the Quadrant that are reasonable so will see what's around when we get our schedule sorted. It all hinges on our original Donor as to our next steps, the agency have contacted her so just waiting to hear back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Peeps

Am I a lurker? I was searching for answers to our fertility issues when I found Thread #1 in mid-May and have been reading, reading, reading ever since. Just from the information in the first thread, DH and I made the decision to 'jump' in. Hopefully we will be in SA at the end of August.

I feel like I know you all, and can't thank you enough for the advice you have imparted over all the threads. You have made it less daunting and we, so far, have had no issues with the process. We have chosen our donor, completed our tests and am waiting for our donor to complete hers.

I can't believe we have gone from 'crying ourselves to sleep' at night, to a month later having real hope of becoming parents.

It is a little surreal at present ...

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

emski72  (13-06-2015),ferngirl  (14-06-2015),JoJoD  (13-06-2015),KMP  (13-06-2015),Lisaxxx  (13-06-2015),mardicharli  (13-06-2015),Miss Sagi  (13-06-2015),MrsErinR  (13-06-2015),Patsy73  (13-06-2015),TannyMac  (14-06-2015),wazbub  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you Jennski. Best wishes for your journey

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you jennski.. We are in the same place

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Emski and Jennski ha-ha!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Jennski and good luck! I would never, ever have considered going to CT either if there hadn't been so many others who had been there, done that, had successes, said what CT is really like... It is a huge unknown and SA in my mind was a scary place. I'm just so sorry I didn't find out about it 12 months ago Now that it's set in stone it's so exciting ! And I'm so much more comfortable knowing how CFC bend over backwards to make sure you have a transfer even if your donor doesn't go so well. I know what you mean about he lurking.. I did it for ages on this thread before really jumping in once things were underway. It's a bit harder to participate when you're still only considering it and it was only through lurking that I was able to make that decision.
    Why they don't make paying donors legal in Australia I'll never understand, although it would probably still be cheaper to go o/s even then.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja afrer my dealings with donors in Aus and the lack of legislation and regulatory bodies it's something I will be pushing for after this monkey is born.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, I had a maiden name I always had to spell, and thought I would marry a Smith or a Brown. Its ended up that my married name has a 'ski' on the end ... And I still have to spell it everywhere I go!

Leyshoja, we walked out of the IVF clinic after the FS told us 'not to bother' with my eggs (how can anyone just hit you with that so cold-bloodedly) and to start looking for donors, try SA and 'Good luck' were his parting words. That was our sum total of IVF; told to go away. It took me 11 months, TCM, accu and another clinic to come to terms with even googling DE. I struggled, because I didn't know if I would look at any child I had and love it, want it or wonder about what my genes would have been like.

Sooooooo lucky I hit on Thread #1. Not only have topics been about physically going to SA, but also the emotional aspect of DE too.

One lady (and I forget who now) said that it isn't the genes that make a child, it's the way they are brought up. Another comment was that normal families nowadays are so far removed than what was considered normal 20yrs ago and that parents and children make a family - it doesn't matter how that family came to be. That really resonated with me.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (14-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-06-2015),KLM0511  (14-06-2015),Luca  (15-06-2015),mardicharli  (14-06-2015),Patsy73  (14-06-2015),wazbub  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Emski, I had a maiden name I always had to spell, and thought I would marry a Smith or a Brown. Its ended up that my married name has a 'ski' on the end ... And I still have to spell it everywhere I go!

Leyshoja, we walked out of the IVF clinic after the FS told us 'not to bother' with my eggs (how can anyone just hit you with that so cold-bloodedly) and to start looking for donors, try SA and 'Good luck' were his parting words. That was our sum total of IVF; told to go away. It took me 11 months, TCM, accu and another clinic to come to terms with even googling DE. I struggled, because I didn't know if I would look at any child I had and love it, want it or wonder about what my genes would have been like.

Sooooooo lucky I hit on Thread #1. Not only have topics been about physically going to SA, but also the emotional aspect of DE too.

One lady (and I forget who now) said that it isn't the genes that make a child, it's the way they are brought up. Another comment was that normal families nowadays are so far removed than what was considered normal 20yrs ago and that parents and children make a family - it doesn't matter how that family came to be. That really resonated with me.
    @Jennski my FS never once suggested DE but the first time one of the other Drs did one of my scans it was 'you know there's not much point trying to bank embryos you should just go DE'. Oh yeah! Because you guys charge $21000 for a donor cycle. Of courssssssse I should go DE. I'm so sorry I wasted that money with them, but I have such a good feeling about CT. I reckon we are about to get the baby we were 'meant to have' woohoo getting excited now !!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to do a Safari?

Hi,

Now that we have our treatment plan we are looking at bookings and tours - the fun stuff!

A number of people have recommended Inverdoorn so that is where we are planning to go. My questions are: Did book before traveling or wait until you are over there (we are going late August)? And, when in your stay did you go?

Our timeline is
    Arrive 23 August
    First Appt 24 August
    Possible EPU 26 August
    So a Day5 trf would be 31 August

To allow for flexibility we are thinking that we would do the safari at the end of the trip as a reward rather than trying to squeeze it in around treatment. So our thought is Inverdoorn on 3 September. For those who have done the trip does this look like a reasonable plan?

Thanks

Sunny

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (15-06-2015),mardicharli  (15-06-2015)