Closed Thread
Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I have been thinking about the best plan for our second try and am contemplating having a donor go through the process in my absence and freeze any blasts we may get for transfer at a later date. This may save us cash because we won't have to pay for my flight and accommodation only to get over there and have a similar low egg count and BFN - we would only need to go over if we have eggs that have reached the blast stage and have a better chance of success. I could also reduce my time over there and it makes planning a lot easier. However, I am also concerned about losing eggs through the thaw process and the chances of pregnancy from fresh embryos versus frozen. Has anyone tried freezing all eggs produced before heading to SA at a later date? If so was it successful?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emmajane it's a perfectly logical solution. Not too many fail the thaw and I know people who get pregnant from frozen transfer. I say Hi 5 good thinking.

My friend who is an Ob/gyn couldn't see why I wouldn't have done that anyway. I needed a holiday though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    So, I have been thinking about the best plan for our second try and am contemplating having a donor go through the process in my absence and freeze any blasts we may get for transfer at a later date. This may save us cash because we won't have to pay for my flight and accommodation only to get over there and have a similar low egg count and BFN - we would only need to go over if we have eggs that have reached the blast stage and have a better chance of success. I could also reduce my time over there and it makes planning a lot easier. However, I am also concerned about losing eggs through the thaw process and the chances of pregnancy from fresh embryos versus frozen. Has anyone tried freezing all eggs produced before heading to SA at a later date? If so was it successful?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's a great idea ! I only had frosties over here, not CT, but the defrost rate is fantastic for embies so I say go for it. If they defrost ok, which they probably will, then you have just as much chance of a BFP.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 09-06-2015 at 19:31.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure if they do it @EmmaJane75 I'd be really interested in hearing the response you get. The only time I have heard of someone doing a freeze all cycle with them was someone not from Aus not getting their visa issued in time. There really was no other option. I enquired about it as I can't take the pill so was worried initially about syncing my cycle with my donor but we found a work around. I can't see why they wouldn't do it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes they do it.

I seriously considered it.

You just pay additional fee for embryo transfer and freezing.

Go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emma Jane that sounds like a great plan. The thaw rate is pretty good. My frosties all came through thaw fine and usable and I have dodgy eggs, so I hope with good, young eggs you should have very few issues. From what I understand the pregnancy rates for fresh vs frozen are very close so I would say go for it!

SunnySunny

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (09-06-2015),TannyMac  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ah now I remember why we couldn't do it...we had none of DH's sperm in SA 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Treatment plan received! First appointment confirmed for August 24. Now to start booking flights etc. Will be back with questions about planning tours/safari etc.

Sunny

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (10-06-2015),emski72  (09-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-06-2015),mardicharli  (10-06-2015),Patsy73  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sth Africa donation

Hi all
    I'm new on here and looking at egg and sperm donation in SA.
    I've had a long and bumpy ride with my own eggs and now 48. Would love your thoughts and any info 😄
    Many thanks!
    Tracey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Tracey

You will find loads of info on this & previous threads so you will find it a good time investment going back and reading when you have a few minutes.

If you have specific questions, post them and you will get very helpful replies around here!

It probably all feels a little overwhelming right now but don't panic, the SA DE journey itself is relatively easy, the hard thing is that not all end in a BFP.

Good luck.