Closed Thread
Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry EmmaJane - so not fair
    Best wishes Lisa!

We are plodding along nicely. Our donor produced 10 eggs, 9 fertilized and we have 6 going strong all at 8 cells. My 5df is Wednesday.

We we are enjoying cape town and doing all the sites. Uber is awesome - highly recommend it. Also recommend where we are staying in our 2 bedroom house in the De Waterkant area through De Waterkant Cottages. Only $3 to the v and A and $7 to the clinic via Uber. The cape Quarter village, shops and supermarket is at our door step. As well as loads of restaurants. Also has private pool if here in summer. Only cost $1450 for 16 nights!
    One more day to transfer - bring it on - I'm ready.
    Any one else bring home extra gestone? My fertility dr in Canberra wants enough until 10 weeks and the clinic wrote me a script for prog pessaries to use for crossover instead of crinone. I'll need an extra bag just for meds. Elaine the nurse also recommend arnica oil here in CT to apply to the injection sites to reduce pain/ bruising - I figure it can't hurt?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TannyMac For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Lisa you'll have to give your doctor a big hug. I wonder how they can have spare eggs or whether they split a donation.

Do you know what your new donor is like? Did you get the profile or just had to run with fate?

What an outstanding result either way. All that time and effort choosing a donor and look what pans out.

Relax and enjoy your day. I'd have a glass of wine to doubly make sure. What a fabulous turn of events.
    KMP - Dr W has really been amazing he really has been the best doctor I've ever had and I've had a few.

After pick up Dr W just said I have bad news and good news. Bad news my donor only got 4 eggs, good news is another donor just now got heaps of eggs and he could give us either 6 or 8 eggs and when he saw her he thought it would be a good match for me. They gave us her profile. There were two things I wanted my donor to have and unfortunately this one doesn't have them but I'm grateful and just had to go with it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

emski72  (09-06-2015),Hopeful1975  (09-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),Patsy73  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for Wednesday TannyMac. Your results so far sound very promising for a good outcome on Wednesday.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (09-06-2015),TannyMac  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TannyMac -I always brought home an extra 20 vials of gemstone. Just ask the Doc at the time of trfr. I used Dr LR and he was ok with 20 (2boxes) but not keen on more than that.

All the best for trfr !

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),TannyMac  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great Results Tannymac!
    I brought home extra Gestone. I still believe with all the bleeds I have had that without the Gestone we would have held on... (I don't think my body produces enough progesterone)
    Even now at 20 weeks, every time I cut back the crinone from two a day I start to bleed..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - my FS likes to be a bit OTT with meds and CFC have been very accommodating with her requests. I'm a bit slow with producing my own progesterone too so I'm glad I've got more than enough to get me to 12 weeks if successful.
    Lisa I was wondering how that all worked as Dr LR talked about the egg bank as a back up. I'm a big believer in whatever will be will be so good luck with this path that has been chosen for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Tanny I'd say the eggs Lisa was offered were destined for the egg bank - but to have fresh eggs to fertilise/transfer is preferable. They really do go above and beyond don't they?
    Last edited by emski72; 09-06-2015 at 06:52.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (09-06-2015),TannyMac  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl04 View Post
    I was told two weeks. Have you started any meds yet?
    Not yet but if CD1 is supposed to be this Friday, they'll be telling me to go off the ocp by tomorrow I would have thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emma-Jane: Sorry to hear about your CP but glad you're already thinking of your next visit. We also left a frozen sample behind in CT to make it easier if we needed to go back for a second visit.

TannyMac: Promising results, good luck for your transfer on Wednesday. Glad you're enjoying CT. We bought all the Gestone/Crinone recommended for the 10 weeks post transfer in CT. Was a bit worried I was 'tempting fate' but decided it was far easier (and cheaper) to source there (and reasoned I could use it after a second trip, if needed).

Lisa: Congrats on being PUPO. Am so glad DR W was able to come up with a plan B so you had some good eggs to transfer. He is also a very good egg (bad attempt at humour...

Hopeful: How are you getting on?

Emski: Hope the 2WW is going ok, are you testing again today?

Sunnygirl/Leyshoja: Good luck with planning your trips.

Hello to everyone else at whatever stage of this journey you are on!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),Lisaxxx  (09-06-2015),Sunnygirl04  (09-06-2015),TannyMac  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Tanny I'd say the eggs Lisa was offered were destined for the egg bank - but to have fresh eggs to fertilise/transfer is preferable. They really do go above and beyond don't they?
    This is correct Emski, thanks for explaining it better. Dr W when telling us he said this donor just got heaps of eggs and that he hadn't talked to other dr yet but would be no problem in him taking 6 or 8.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

TannyMac  (10-06-2015)