Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Safe travels emski!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

emski72  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quickie- is there dress code for l nelson high tea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    Quickie- is there dress code for l nelson high tea?
    I don't think so, we were just in jeans and DP just wore a collared shirt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ej, thanks - that's great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay,

This is starting to get real now! Donor has been in for her appointments today and the clinic said all went well. Waiting on results but they have given me tentative dates for treatment and the key dates for meds.

Still a lot of waiting and planning but it feel like we are making progress.

Sunny

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    When are you planning on going Sunny?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope you arrived safely Emski☺️

It looks like I spoke too soon when I updated that we were doing. Well the other day😕
    I have been admitted to hospital after another bleed. The OB has decided that despite it being a smaller episode than previous times that he wants me on 'enforced bedrest'. Fortunately the bleeding has stopped and I just have some lingering (mild) cramping and a cracker of a migraine.
    Despite getting clearance last week to work until 28 weeks I have a funny feeling I may not last that long ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Blinky, I hope that it isn't anything serious and bed rest does the trick!

We had a fabulous day today driving down the coast to Cape Point. We stopped to see the penguins at Boulders before continuing on to the cape. We had lunch at the Two Oceans restaurant there, which was fabulous. The most fun was the baboons though. Word of warning if you do go and eat at the restaurant (which I recommend) if you are worried about the baboons, ask to sit inside. The waiters spent most of their time chasing the baboons away as they tried to sneak in and steal food off the diners plates on the balcony. We had one jump onto our table, not 20cm from me, and started taking the rice off our platter. DP and the waiters chased him off and he jumped onto the roof looking down at me and raining down rice as he was stuffing it into his mouth. Even though it was a bit freaky, I found it highly entertaining I must say. I managed to catch the action with my camera as one of the baboons jumped onto the table next to us and stole the sugar container with all the sugar sachets off the table. He then ran along the railing (clutching said container tightly to his chest) when he decided to stop and sit in front of me, shoving sugar sachets into his face. Unfortunately, BubHub doesn't seem to want to upload the photos.
    Last edited by EmmaJane75; 28-05-2015 at 02:54.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    H Emma

There are baboons everywhere at the moment it seems! I saw an item the other day on tv about a group in SA who had pulled over on the side of the road and the back seat passenger opened her door. A baboon then approached, reached in and took the takeaway pizza box right off the ladies' lap. So it sounds they will go for anything not nailed down.

Your trip today is another one that we are thinking of doing.

Have fun

Sunny

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - so sorry to hear about the bleed and hospital visit. Hopefully it hasn't been too scary but I can only imagine how worried you must be. Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Emski - still lots of time. We don't travel until August. We picked August a while ago and decided to give ourselves some extra time in getting everything sorted out. Current issue is getting my FS to send results. I saw him on Monday but they have not been sent yet (he is very supportive of what we are doing). We are heading to Sydney today for aa family funeral so I need to grab a moment to call and follow him up.

Sunny

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (28-05-2015)