Closed Thread
Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If it were twins you'd be two months before that probably...why not just do it, you can always change back if you change your mind. If you are deemed too high risk you'd likely be sent yo the public hospital anyway, depending on the facilities at the private hospy. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the weather update. I think I'm more stressed about what to pack so will definitely bring cool and warm clothes. Thank you for sharing the info about Stellanbosch and Franschoek - can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    9 months then I'd hurry. There's a big difference between public and private but in saying that if you were in a bigger place you'd have better access to public facilities with levels of care that aren't available remotely.

Twin pregnancies don't go to term or plan in most cases with complications for mum or babies. Even down the track there are often problems requiring intervention (teeth are one example and $$ to fix on a 2 year old).

Even with private cover if baby needs advanced care my baby would need to go to a major capital city but if you are on private cover you have to have a consultant caring for you or your baby compared with a registrar.

I never claim my drugs on my PHI. So much fuss and I'm too busy. Worse still I've never claimed any medical on tax. Shame those rules changed a couple years ago.

AFM I need to find out when bubba should go on my policy so she's covered as soon as she is born (considering there could be problems).

Such a minefield PHI. In my work PHI with private hospital cover is so important for children. Unexpected hospitalisations are expensive for families with toddlers and often there is no excess for children for day surgery. Just food for thought for everyone.
    Last edited by KMP; 22-05-2015 at 22:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny it tells you exactly how many metered doses are in the bottle so you should be able to calculate when to swap. With CFC their dose was double anything I'd ever done previously so you'd need 2 bottles. From memory I think it was 60 doses???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still wondering really what the benefits of phi are. Why not just pay for things as they come up, rather than pay a high premium for something I'll maybe never use? A 5 minute drive to public is much more appealing then a 30-40 minute drive to private. How much do you end up at the hospital anyway other than for the birth? Is the care really that much better? My sister had private and then started working in the public hospital and said knowing now what she does, she would have gone public as the private still cost her heaps and the care wasn't any different. Ahhhhh I don't know.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leyshoja,
    i must say I love the PH system. It was so nice to choose my own OB who was greatly recommended to me and is awesome. I get to see him for every appt, he scans bubs at every appt and gets to know me, my troubles and fears. He was with us through all 4 years of IVF and was more than happy to do weekly scans for us until 12 weeks as I was terrified something would go wrong in this pregnancy. We had lost 2 bubs previously. As well as that I have access to him or his nurses 24 hours a day and they are happy to chat or check on anything for me. Sure beats waiting for the next available dr at the public hospital!
    Having your child in a private hospital has many benefits too. Longer stay which is great especially to help establish feeding routines etc. We ended up staying 9 days with our first as I had feeding probs then an infection. You don't have to leave until you want, unlike a 1-3 day stay in public. I loved having a private room to bond with my bubs (a lot of public have them too but I know many people who have ended up in a ward of 4 mums/bubs). Also having my husband stay the whole 9 days was awesome too. Nursing care was great, and we had free clinics for 8 weeks included to have mum/bubs checked out. Also a mothers morning tea once a fortnight for a year after birth with guest speakers from dentists, kid safe, SIDS, drs, midwives, etc where I met some fabulous friends I still have today.
    Yes a public hospital will let you deliver bubs safely, but private offers so much more! Worth it for 9 months of insurance. If you pay to have bubs at my private hospital without insurance, you are looking at over $20000!!
    Hope this helps. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit off topic but has anyone been sick with the progynova. Leave on Friday for ct (yay) with lining scan on the Monday.

About day nine of taking progynova started to gets really bad runs and been super queasy.

Does this settle down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja the care is not the same.

If it's really complicated you'll get a consultant otherwise a registrar. In private you get who you want. In public you get who is there. Not saying it's bad but I've heard too many horror stories sharing four in a room after birth, the people you share with, their behaviour and conversations etc.

I know which way I'd go but if it's twins they'll be here before 9 months. I've paid not one cent for all my surgeries for IVF etc. Yes doctors fees are the exception but you can shop around there too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful not sick from Progynova- sure you don't have a virus? Not sure if it's on the side effects sheet.

Poor you if it is. I am weirdly getting phantom Gestone injection point pains which are quite a dull ache and very unpleasant.

AFM leaving Seattle hotel in an hour. Not looking forward to the discomfort of the flight. I'm not even that big but flying was a totally new experience compared with normal. I hope I can sleep on the return. Can't wait to be back home.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This week cannot go fast enough, flying out on Friday morning