Closed Thread
Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TannyMac View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site but have been quietly following. Hubby and I have finally bit the bullet and are off to Cape Town 1st June for donor eggs! After 10 years of IVF and over 20 cycles with 4 miscarriages - we need to try something new. We picked a lovely donor from Baby2Mom and will be seeing Dr Le Roux. We are booked in for the embryos cope so fingers crossed. Can't wait to experience the lovely Cape Town you all talk about. We are staying in an apartment in the De Waterkant area and hoping to do Inverdoorn and Stellenbosch and other amazing things. Although weather sounds pretty average this time of year!
    Good luck everyone
    Welcome TannyMac! I'm in Cape Town at the moment and the weather has been mostly fabulous. It has been cool in the mornings, but we have found it warms up late morning onwards, we usually have to take any cardigans we are wearing off and just have a short sleeved tee on. So, I would recommend bringing some warmer weather clothes as well, just in case the weather stays like this .
    We just got back from Stellanbosch a couple of days ago. If you get a chance, try and make it to Franschoek as well. It's about a 15 minute drive from Stellanbosch through some lovely countryside. We head off to Inverdoorn this morning and I am really looking forward to it. Good luck with your trip and have fun!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

We have been making progress; agency paid, deposit to clinic paid and donor testing/appointments booked in. Looking ahead we will need Lupron/Lucrin (?) injections either once only or daily or Synarel nasal spray.

I have used Synarel in each of my stim cycles and am comfortable with it, so this is my preferred option. Can anyone tell me how long I am likely to be on it for (do I need one or two bottles)?

I have checked with my local pharmacy and they will order it in when needed (with a bit of notice).

Thanks in advance

Sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Depends on your dates sunny girl - first cycle I used one and a bit bottles...this one will be two and a bit. Synarel is deceptive too as the bottle is heavy - last cycle I ran out and didn't realise for a day ... It still felt full but I realised I didn't taste it...keep an eye in how many doses...or I give a practice squirt to double check. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emski,

I know what you mean about the bottle being deceptive. I have been caught short as well. So probably working on two bottles (eg one won't be enough) is a reasonable guess.

My question is partly based around the fact that we are still eligible for the medical expenses tax offset that runs out on 30 June. I figure anything that I can purchase before 30 June is worth sorting out. Not doing anything before donor results are back but that will still give us a couple of weeks before the cut off.

sunny

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl04 View Post
    Thanks Emski,

I know what you mean about the bottle being deceptive. I have been caught short as well. So probably working on two bottles (eg one won't be enough) is a reasonable guess.

My question is partly based around the fact that we are still eligible for the medical expenses tax offset that runs out on 30 June. I figure anything that I can purchase before 30 June is worth sorting out. Not doing anything before donor results are back but that will still give us a couple of weeks before the cut off.

sunny
    I've been kicking myself that I've never claimed any of my chemist expenses. I never realised till recently they are included. When will you be there @Sunnygirl04?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leyshoja,

Obviously nothing confirmed yet (donor testing is 27 May) but we are aiming towards lining scan on 24 August. A message this evening from the clinic is that 'it is all coming together nicely'. Let's hope it continues that way!

Have you got tentative dates you are working on/ where are you up to with your planning?

sunny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I've been kicking myself that I've never claimed any of my chemist expenses. I never realised till recently they are included. When will you be there @Sunnygirl04?
    If you have PHI you can claim big ticket phamacy items like Synarel with some policies... I got $97 back from my $120 bottle of synarel which was pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leyshoja,

Obviously nothing confirmed yet (donor testing is 27 May) but we are aiming towards lining scan on 24 August. A message this evening from the clinic is that 'it is all coming together nicely'. Let's hope it continues that way!

Have you got tentative dates you are working on/ where are you up to with your planning?

sunny
    Yep they have asked us to be there for lining scan on July 8. Payment to CFCs was only confirmed today and we haven't even got our test results to them yet. Hopefully donor will be getting tested in the next week or two.
    As for the phi @emski72, I actually went back to just public hospital cover about 6 months ago because we have a public hospital within 5 minutes but private is 30 minutes away. I'm now considering going back on full hospital cover in case we end up with twins and require higher care. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Yep they have asked us to be there for lining scan on July 8. Payment to CFCs was only confirmed today and we haven't even got our test results to them yet. Hopefully donor will be getting tested in the next week or two.
    As for the phi @emski72, I actually went back to just public hospital cover about 6 months ago because we have a public hospital within 5 minutes but private is 30 minutes away. I'm now considering going back on full hospital cover in case we end up with twins and require higher care. Thoughts anyone?
    Leyshoja,

You may have left it too late for the PHI. I am pretty sure the maternity cover needs to be in place for 12 months prior to baby's due date. If baby is premmie but should have been due beyond the 12 month timeframe you are good. Based on Cape Town in July you would be looking at a due date of April next year which would mean you are already inside the 12 month waiting period. (Hope this makes sense).

Sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja,

You may have left it too late for the PHI. I am pretty sure the maternity cover needs to be in place for 12 months prior to baby's due date. If baby is premmie but should have been due beyond the 12 month timeframe you are good. Based on Cape Town in July you would be looking at a due date of April next year which would mean you are already inside the 12 month waiting period. (Hope this makes sense).

Sunny
    Hi sunny, my mob are only 9 months so I need to decide very shortly