Closed Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I know some of you have spent some time at Inverdoorn Game Reserve. I've just booked us in overnight and we are planning to drive there. Have any of you driven there yourselves and if so was the drive safe or would we better off getting transfers?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    Hi ladies, I know some of you have spent some time at Inverdoorn Game Reserve. I've just booked us in overnight and we are planning to drive there. Have any of you driven there yourselves and if so was the drive safe or would we better off getting transfers?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We drove to Inverdoorn. It was completely safe and a spectacular drive. Make sure you have sufficient fuel and pack some water (and snacks if you feel the need) as their isn't a lot of places to stop along the way.
    The only thing you have to worry about is the baboons on the road as you come out of the Huegenout Tunnel. Just don't stop for them (not even to take a picture - we were told they would ransack your car for food).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have been MIA lately.. Work has been ver busy and Some days I am just managing to get through the day before flaking in bed.

Tittle: how scary!! I hope you have now been able to take your little one home.

To the ladies heading to CT shortly or that are there now - Emski, hopeful, Leyshoja, carrybaby- enjoy your time in that wonderful place, wish I could pack myself up and join you just for another visit.

Just a quick update from me..
    We had our 17 week appointment with the OB and the babies are tracking well. The only down side is my Blood pressure was a little high (140/80) and he is talking medication.

I have explained to him that I get 'white coat syndrome' which was proved by my BP readings when at intralipids, which were much lower (119/68). I think I will invest in a BP machine for home and record some readings..

Despite having a flu shot 3 weeks ago it seems I have come down with a flu type lurgy 😞😖😷 any suggestions from the experienced ladies as to what I can take while pregnant to relieve the symptoms?? (Fever, headaches, joint pain, congestion, sore throat)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (21-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Panadol! Panadol is the only answer you ever get

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (21-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site but have been quietly following. Hubby and I have finally bit the bullet and are off to Cape Town 1st June for donor eggs! After 10 years of IVF and over 20 cycles with 4 miscarriages - we need to try something new. We picked a lovely donor from Baby2Mom and will be seeing Dr Le Roux. We are booked in for the embryos cope so fingers crossed. Can't wait to experience the lovely Cape Town you all talk about. We are staying in an apartment in the De Waterkant area and hoping to do Inverdoorn and Stellenbosch and other amazing things. Although weather sounds pretty average this time of year!
    Good luck everyone

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TannyMac For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (22-05-2015),KLM0511  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Tannymac!
    Congrats on making the decision to try DE in SA. I hope the donor produces lots of eggs for you! I'm excited for you. You will love it!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Tannymac!
    Sounds like you have everything sorted for your trip. You are definitely in safe hands with Dr Le Roux - he is lovely!
    Not long til you go...☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @TannyMac and good luck !! I look forward to hearing how your holiday goes too !! AFM I just found out our first scan in CT will be July 8th woop woop !!!! That means flying out in only about 6 weeks !!! Holy cow they move fast !!! Unfortunately they have now asked for karyotyping on DP and my DR doesnt work Fri or Mon so I'm hoping that doesn't put it back. I'll ring my GP today and see if she can do the BT request. I was surprised for a second, but then after 10 of my own embies and 5 donor embies transferred, I guess his little guys probably should come under the spotlight a bit. That does concern me somewhat because I know that if there is a problem with him there is no way in the world he will want donor sperm. And I don't either, to be honest. I want a little DP if I can't have a mini-me. But still... YAYYYY JULY 8 !!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (22-05-2015),TannyMac  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky

Panadol rapid soluble (csn slso gargle)
    I had Manuka honey in lemon and hot water
    Maybe vicks in hot water as an inhalant (to loosen congestion)
    For sore throat betadine sore throat gargle.

Coughing is the worst...... poise 😑

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (22-05-2015),KLM0511  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Wow @leyshoja that's a good turn around time - regarding hubby probably good to know what you're dealing with before you leave though right. My other half had to provide a sperm analysis with karotyping to CFC too (we'd never had male factor issues) as his tests with Monash were out of date - I think it is pretty standard, but it is always good to know what's going on too.

I hope you're getting excited now and having fun researching all the things to do.

Welcome to @TannyMac - not long for you now either then! 20 cycles & 10 years, I tip my hat to you love... that's a very long road. You must be so happy to have a positive experience ahead of you in Cape Town. Welcome to the thread.

AFM - super excited, anxious for leaving baby, petrified the cycle won't work... you know all the emotions! Had some pretty gnarly side effects to the drugs this time around but they seem to have settled again. Looking forward to getting there and getting this cycle under way. The outcome of this cycle effects every aspect of our life whether it's a positive result or a negative. But I guess that's the same for everyone. x

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (22-05-2015),EmmaJane75  (22-05-2015),Hopeful1975  (22-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (22-05-2015),KLM0511  (22-05-2015),Lisaxxx  (25-05-2015),TannyMac  (22-05-2015)