Closed Thread
Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @emski71 why b12 bi lingual and not plain old b12? The chemist didn't have any and asked why it had to be bi lingual which made me wonder...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That's what the haematologist told me to take specifically not sure why...I just do as I'm told!
    Feeling like utter crap today, started bleeding last night and total AF type cramps and aches today...started all my meds today though. Double checked my hormones on Mon via bt and am down regulated ...I think my body is just rebelling. Dr Le Roux isn't concerned and said the estrogen will stop the bleeding in a day or two, I guess its the equivalent of a lucrin/lupron breakthrough bleed, never had it on synarel though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    That's what the haematologist told me to take specifically not sure why...I just do as I'm told!
    Feeling like utter crap today, started bleeding last night and total AF type cramps and aches today...started all my meds today though. Double checked my hormones on Mon via bt and am down regulated ...I think my body is just rebelling. Dr Le Roux isn't concerned and said the estrogen will stop the bleeding in a day or two, I guess its the equivalent of a lucrin/lupron breakthrough bleed, never had it on synarel though.
    Short term pain long term gain @emski72 - getting close now !!!!!!
    How exciting. Hope you feel better soon..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lol... Just checked and its actually sub lingual so no wonder they gave you a funny look oops... here you go...courtesy of wiki

Sublingual administration has certain advantages over oral administration. Being more direct, it is often faster,[quantify] and it ensures that the substance will risk degradation only by salivary enzymes before entering the blood******, whereas orally administered drugs must survive passage through the hostile environment of the gastrointestinal tract, which risks degrading them, either by stomach acid or bile, or by the many enzymes therein, such as monoamine oxidase (MAO). Furthermore, after absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, such drugs must pass to the liver, where they may be extensively altered; this is known as the first pass effect of drug metabolism. Due to the digestive activity of the stomach and intestines and the solubility of the GI tract, the oral route is unsuitable for certain substances, such as salvinorin A .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca! Congratulations, she is gorgeous.

Emski, good luck with your cycle. I would transfer two. I had two perfect embryos, became pregnant with a singleton and miscarried. The prospect of twins is daunting but, would you go back to SA for one poor quality embryo?

Leyshoja, Emski gave you some good advice. Most of my friends and family knew why I was going to South Africa. I told acquaintances that I was meeting some friends from Australia there and that ended all the questions. Or you could say that you have heard great things about the food and wine country. When I go back for my frozen embryo transfer, I am going stealth as I am going for less than a week.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (13-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-05-2015),Luca  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

Thanks emski, that makes sense. The pharmacist seemed to know what I was talking about but was probably polite enough to not correct me - how embarrassing lol.
    That's a good idea Canuck, thanks. Stealth I like it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I really could have done without this bonus AF... I'm hoping its the last one for 9 months.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I keep saying to myself - hopefully no AF for 9 months

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    Luca! Congratulations, she is gorgeous.

Emski, good luck with your cycle. I would transfer two. I had two perfect embryos, became pregnant with a singleton and miscarried. The prospect of twins is daunting but, would you go back to SA for one poor quality embryo.
    If it doesn't work this time we have agreed to one more fresh cycle before calling it quits.
    I think I'll likely transfer 2 though...seems weird to leave one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I really could have done without this bonus AF... I'm hoping its the last one for 9 months.
    If you ended up with two emski, you will make it work. Wouldn't that be ironic after all the effort and failures to get two for the price of one when you least need it.