Closed Thread
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks January for the roll call cx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm new to this thread so hoping for a bit of advice.
    I'm going through ivf with a donor sperm and have been using Kee Ong for the last 5 attempts. Thinking about swapping to one with Dr Warren and then over to Sth Africa for donor egg / sperm cycle.

Trying to decide at what point to make the decision to go to donor eggs.
    The Sth African trip seems very successful for most people and i'm wondering if the whole process is as straightforward as it looks ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi and welcome - switching to wazza is a great idea all of the long term ivf ladies swear by him and he is apparently very honest in regards to odds etc.
    Yes using CFC in cape Town is as straight forward as it sounds - the only thing that can throw things out is your choice of donor and when its possible for them to cycle for you...
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski
    That's really interesting question! Will be interested in what the fs say.

I also don't have a feel for how many put back two but only one takes

Very excited now - flights and accommodation all booked. Just 16 sleeps....

Cannot say how easy CFC/donor agency folk have been. Really shines a light on what a meal off it Genea made.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

I hope you don't mind if I join in, I've just done what I think is my 10th transfer (looks like AF has arrived I know the signs well enough to know is not worked). I've had 2 pregnancies both unsuccessful and I'm thinking DE will be my next option (I've not done PGD yet (FS suggested) but as I have had so many unsuccessful transfers i might just pay $5k to tell me what I already know) and would rather use the money towards something I feel more confident will work. I don't have any NK cell issues so no idea what the issue is, I had two good looking blasts transferred this cycle so maybe second opinion? Any words of advice? did you do pgd before DE. Did you gets blasts?

I would just like to say that this thread has given me the positivity I need to continue - thank you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-05-2015),Kay2015  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, time for me to stop stalking and come on board. I finally sent the confirmation emails this morning to CFC and the donor clinic asking them to go full steam ahead. A lot of you probably already know me, 12 various cycles under my belt including 5 australian donor embryos which were obviously unsuccessful SA will be lucky cycle number 13 yay ! @emski72, I have refrozen in the past. They were frozen eggs though, which I defrosted, fertilised, then refroze. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to refreeze an embryo..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leysoja

Another ivf warrior!

Was interested in your story - this is my first donor cycle so newbie on that front.

Do you mind me asking about your donor experience in Aus - was there any factors you can think off that lead to those not working?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    Hi Leysoja

Another ivf warrior!

Was interested in your story - this is my first donor cycle so newbie on that front.

Do you mind me asking about your donor experience in Aus - was there any factors you can think off that lead to those not working?
    Hi @Hopeful1975, first one was m/c caused by chromosomal abnormality, second was bfn for no known reason, 3 and 4 were transferred together and I believe they transferred too early in that cycle and the dr also mentioned during tfer that it looked like I had been bleeding already which they 'don't like to see at that stage' yet transferred anyway and the fifth was poorest quality, irregular cells. So, just a continuous string of bad luck. Very disappointing.
    Ps the donor was 34 so I am adamant I will have as young a donor as possible this time and she is 24
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 12-05-2015 at 13:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the very best for next time. I've gone for a young donor too - so hoping that'll do the trick

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    All the very best for next time. I've gone for a young donor too - so hoping that'll do the trick
    Also I went for a proven donor this time, she hadn't donated but has a couple of young kids so feeling hopeful. Good luck with your cycle !