Closed Thread
Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Once you make your payment to CFC it will go a bit quiet for a while waiting for donor appts etc. Then you can have fun researching places to eat/stay etc. I just did standard testing g but yes would probably do amh with an unproven donor who had never been pregnant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Sunnygirl04  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been contacted by Dr H at CFC, who has been treated by him? Any scouting reports would be great.

Our donor will be just shy of 23 at egg collection, so no guarantee but much better odds than my own eggs. She is unproven so we will request AMH testing and my FS recommended chromosomes as well. Any others that you would suggest?

sunny[/QUOTE]

Hi Sunny

Dr H was my Dr in Jan this year, both Dr H and his assistant Heidi are great and really helpful. For us he was a miracle worker as we are now 18 weeks pregnant with twins!!!!!

landi

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to landi68 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (07-05-2015),Miss Sagi  (07-05-2015),Sunnygirl04  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunny, I had Dr H as well...another miracle by Dr H as I'm now 15wks with twins!
    I wouldn't say he is the warmest guy to connect with, he's a little robotic but polite and softly spoken. The main thing is he knows his stuff. I think all of the Drs there are as good as each other, they just all have different personalities and your not going there to find a friend, you're going there to get pregnant.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Sunny, I had Dr H as well...another miracle by Dr H as I'm now 15wks with twins!
    I wouldn't say he is the warmest guy to connect with, he's a little robotic but polite and softly spoken. The main thing is he knows his stuff. I think all of the Drs there are as good as each other, they just all have different personalities and your not going there to find a friend, you're going there to get pregnant.
    Hi Miss Sagi,

That sounds a lot like my current FS to be honest. Very quiet, not so chatty but very professional and one hell of a bedside manner when it is needed as well.

It sounds like I will be in good hands.

A quick question - does CFC do appointments on the weekend, or is it strictly Mon to Fri?

sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my transfer on a Saturday so they are open on weekends, just not sure in what capacity.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I had a lining scan on a Saturday with my last cycle. They are only on as needed staff on those days though from memory, it wasn't very busy whereas midweek it was nuts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #9

Hi ladies
    Faith from Medical Tourism rang me today about booking in my safari etc and she has suggested we do a safari at Fairy Glen. We are just wanting to do a day safari. Has anyone done a safari at Fairy Glen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunnygirl, I agree with Emski, you can manage the process, but you really have to go with the flow... Like all fertility treatments it's rife with stress and has a lot of 'hurry up AND wait'.

Lisa, Fairy Glen was recommended to me but the trip advisor reviews made me look elsewhere. For a one day safari, I enjoyed Inverdoorn. When I met Faith, she didn't like Inverdoorn, but I have found trip advisor to be pretty reliable. That said, she knows the country better than I and pulled a miracle by getting pinkshootingstar and I to Mont Rochelle in the wine district - which I would totally recommend.

Here are two articles about miscarriage and infertility from Canada's most right-wing paper (they have good lifestyle articles):
    http://news.nationalpost.com/health/...tility-and-ivf
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...male-fertility

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (08-05-2015),Lisaxxx  (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Canuck
    Yes I didn't like what I was reading about Fairy Glen. I've asked Faith about getting me the prices for Inverdoorn and think we will go there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    For anyone that is going over and have downloaded the Uber app on your phone you can enter a promo code 2509 and get R150 free use of an Uber. Faith gave me this code to use.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

emski72  (08-05-2015)