Closed Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It's optional Crabby - used for Buereau of Statistics etc. Sounds like they may have changed something. My cert took about 12w.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say it's statistical use only. There should not be implications for donor conceived children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    I'd say it's statistical use only. There should not be implications for donor conceived children.
    I agree that there should not be implications but the letter I received says they will not proceed with the registration nor supply a certificate should we not provide the letter they requested!

I'm not really scared that I won't get a certificate. I'm just annoyed that I'm being asked to do this when I know others haven't been and that they are threatening to not do the registration if we don't provide this letter.

I've sent them an email to ask for more information and for a timeframe on getting the certificate after we do give the information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure it's just government beauracracy gone mad Erin. I was ****ed there's no number to call for Vic BDM, you could always go in if you have it in you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's because of the freedom of information once the child becomes old enough.

http://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/home/birth...cs#breadcrumbs

This is the VIC form that you can do in advance. I suppose that the clinic can say anonymous donor or donor code only to keep the privacy valid.

I'll have to investigate QLD so I'm fully prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here are screenshots of Queensland Gov enquiry. I think that most markedly there is a record of how and where the child was conceived in the event the donor agencies collapse and information is lost.

Consider those donor conceived in Sydney where records were all modified so sperm donors could not be identified or fire or just destruction of records. It's a protective element.

Also note birth certificates should not identify any child as donor conceived for privacy reasons.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    It's because of the freedom of information once the child becomes old enough.

http://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/home/birth...cs#breadcrumbs

I'll have to investigate QLD so I'm fully prepared.
    Hi KMP, You triggered my curiosity about QLD so I had a look yesterday and couldn't see anything that reflects the same requirements in Qld. I hope that i didn't miss anything - I'd love to know if you find anything different.

Sunny

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Off to South Africa

We have found a donor!

I built a list of about thirty and then to get my head around it I colour coded it (as to how close they met our preferred profile). We agreed on a shortlist of about 8-10 and found out #1 was taken, #2 newly pregnant, #3 was taken. We then reviewed and reordered the shortlist and were able to secure our next choice, one that we are both happy with.

We also went and saw our FS and had a good discussion with him. He is very supportive of what we are doing. We got pathology requests for tests that aren't current, organised a scan, got prescription for most of the meds and organised that his rooms will send all results straight to CFC. It was so productive.

But the rest is so overwhelming; getting my head around the whole process and explaining it to DH and co-ordinating agency, clinic, medical, travel, etc. I almost feel like I am organising a wedding all over again, except it is on the other side of the world, we know a rough date but not an exact one and we don't really know any of the guests. How do you manage/cope with this?

Sunny

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sunnygirl congrats on choosing a donor, don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you like to be in control lol! Don't worry I'm the same...You'll find at some point in this process you will have to do a Frozen and 'let it go...' It takes a while to get your final dates while your donor gets tested, so all you can do is research your accommodation/flight and activity options ( but not book anything lol - it almost killed me last time). When are you planning on heading over?
    You shouldn't have to coordinate much in all honesty, the agencies and CFC are used to dealing with each other, you just have to wait for your treatment plan.
    Last edited by emski72; 07-05-2015 at 10:00.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (08-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (08-05-2015),mardicharli  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski,

I am just finding that getting my head around it all is a lot at the moment. My husband works FIFO so most of it is falling to me, not quite as hard as those who do this solo but it does give me some perspective. Suddenly we have forms and contracts and fee schedules and, well you know all that.

i think once it all gets underway and we get through this initial phase we'll be good.

We have been contacted by Dr H at CFC, who has been treated by him? Any scouting reports would be great.

Our donor will be just shy of 23 at egg collection, so no guarantee but much better odds than my own eggs. She is unproven so we will request AMH testing and my FS recommended chromosomes as well. Any others that you would suggest?

sunny

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (07-05-2015)