+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is Sam Armytage racist?

I read this article yesterday: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...atches-on.html

What are your thoughts?

When I read it, I heard it as sarcastically saying, "I have fair skin too, lucky us" (as in fair skin isn't that great because we burn so easily and can't wear yellow!).

Does anyone think this is racist? I'd like to hear from these people as I'm just not understanding how people are seeing it as racist.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It was a really random thing to say and just seemed completely unnecessary, however I don't think she was trying to be racist. I think maybe she was trying to say something else and it came out wrong, I can't think of what that something might be though...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agree with tazz.

She is certainly guilty of not choosing her words well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think she's guilty of being racist but I just think she's a ditz tbh.

On channel nine this morning a hostess said 'rise of the rangera'

I think everyone is really over sensitive with everything these days to be honest ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think she was intentionally racist but I can see how it may be interpreted as that.
    I think she is just incredibly bad at choosing her words, much like her co host. Two idiotic peas in a pod.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (28-04-2015),ertgirl  (30-04-2015),Skyler  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never saw it as I can't stand her or that show but I think it's just her coming across as a air head more than a racist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think that was a racist comment, I think she just suffers from 'foot in mouth disease' like everyone does from time to time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the reoccurring theme I see in society these day expecting other people to be responsible for how we feel about ourselves. I am mixed race I have olive skin and I look ethnic with dark hair. I have one child who has beautiful olive skin darker than mine, dark eyes and dark hair. She is very beautiful. Another child with olive skin and dark features like mine but not as dark as his sister. Then I have one child with skin like a ghost and blonde hair and blue eyes.

I never really if ever put sunscreen on the olive one but I'm constantly worried about the fair one. In our family we all have kind of easy olive complexions and we can spend a lot of time out doors where as the fair skinned child kind of suffers because his skin is so delicate. He also has to feel the brunt of being the odd one out. My daughter always gets comments on her beautiful complexion not my fair skinned son. And I am always reinforcing to him he is made special and to love who he is even if he is the odd one out. I do not take offence to it because I'm secure in who I am and I don't see it as racist.

Having experienced racism and being opposed to it I don't see it a big issue. What I have more of an issue is non ethnic people fighting racism battles for us and making a bigger issue out of something most ethnics would brush off. You see the thing with non ethnics you can cry poor about racism then go home and not cop any racist flak… Ethnics cop it. If you ask me with all this media driven focus on racism lately racism has actually become worse and a more dangerous issue for people of ethnicity lately. Let us ethnic people speak for ourselves. We don't need a non ethnic gate keeper.
    Last edited by Trusty Chords; 28-04-2015 at 08:54.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw a clip of it the other day on another program: not sure she meant it to come out like that (at least I'd hope it wasn't meant like that) - I kinda thought maybe she meant to say good on the girl for taking after dad (as in not both like mum & dad gets left out).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I was watching the clip last night. I think it was a Freudian slip and a bit of this

I think a lot of people are just calling for the same standards to be applied to her that were applied to Scott McIntyre.