+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should I be this stressed out?

Hi ladies,

I got my BFP last week and went for my first lot of bloods last Thursday on the day my period was expected. (So barely 4 weeks pregnant and still with a faint line on the pregnancy tests.)

I got the results this morning and my HCG was only at 45 😢 I know its more about the number doubling etc but I can't help but think that is such a low number and I've literally been on google all day stressing myself out and thinking that I will miscarry anytime soon.

Funnily enough the day after my bloods (Friday) my FRER tests came up nice and bold almost straight away. Almost kicking myself for going for bloods on the Thursday before I got such strong lines on the preg tests! I have tested over the weekend too and they come up positive fast with nice dark lines now!

My last pregnancy ended in mc so I am highly sensitive to this early pregnancy stuff now.

Am I being nuts or should I be worried? I don't plan on going back for my second bloods until Thursday so it will be a week between the tests.

Help 😣
    Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 27-04-2015 at 15:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's natural to be worried about a mc, particularly after already experiencing one. However what your hcg was the other day does not determine the outcome of this pregnancy especially as it had only just started rising. One of my readings was only 15 as I got the bloods done early. It truly is about how they rise and not what they start at - it is just a point to go from and confirms that you are pregnant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't stress hun, I think it's anything over 25 is considered pregnant, and you're over that. It's more about how the number is rising, not so much about the level itself.

I understand the stress, I've had 2 miscarriages now, and one sticky - my DS. I've actually decided in future that I'm not going to have my bloods done as all it does is stress me out, and it's not a reliable indicator of a viable pregnancy. The thing I really came to realize with this miscarriage is that no matter how much I stress and worry about it, it's not going to change the outcome. It will only make me feel worse.

Wishing you a sticky one, with a long and uneventful pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. I really hope it was just too early. I guess I can't do anything either way. Just wait until the second blood results 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Hi ladies,

I got my BFP last week and went for my first lot of bloods last Thursday on the day my period was expected. (So barely 4 weeks pregnant and still with a faint line on the pregnancy tests.)

I got the results this morning and my HCG was only at 45 😢 I know its more about the number doubling etc but I can't help but think that is such a low number and I've literally been on google all day stressing myself out and thinking that I will miscarry anytime soon.

Funnily enough the day after my bloods (Friday) my FRER tests came up nice and bold almost straight away. Almost kicking myself for going for bloods on the Thursday before I got such strong lines on the preg tests! I have tested over the weekend too and they come up positive fast with nice dark lines now!

My last pregnancy ended in mc so I am highly sensitive to this early pregnancy stuff now.

Am I being nuts or should I be worried? I don't plan on going back for my second bloods until Thursday so it will be a week between the tests.

Help 😣
    I think 45 is a good number the day of missed AF. If you're implantation happened a day later than expected, these can throw the initial numbers out. You're right it's all about the doubling. Have you looked at betabase.com - it gives all the stats on successful pregnancies with different hcg levels at different stages.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I second the comment about betabase.info have you had a look there?

IVF clinics usually like at least 100 the day after AF is due. If your hcg is doubling faster than every 48 you could be pretty close to that. Have you asked for a repeat test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did have a look there, it freaked me out more as the numbers were so much higher!

I have the referral for the second bloods but the doctor said to wait a week or two to get them done. It will be a week on Thursday so I might get them done then, otherwise I have time to do them tomorrow if there would be a significant rise from Thursday last week. Stressing me out so much that I feel like it's just going to end in mc again 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't comment on low HCG (I'm not saying 45 is low, I'm just going by what you're saying), but my HCG was 2400 at 4+1 and that pregnancy ended in heartbreak for something that was suspected to be chromosomal. I was really happy with that number at the time and in the end it meant nothing. People with numbers like yours in my DIG are still pregnant with healthy little munchkins. It's just too early to tell, the number means nothing xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post: