+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default hyundai santa fe

Looking at this for our next car, we aim to have 4 kids so want a 7 seater.
    We will need atleast 3 anchor points.
    I've tried googling with no luck.
    Pro and con of this car please

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're looking at getting one in the new year as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Take one for a test drive. Take the kids and car seats and try it out. If they want the sale they'll let you do it 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 2010 diesel bought second hand and love it.
    Fuel economy is great generally around 7 litres per 100km but we do a lot of long trips and can get as low as 5.8.
    Fantastic turning circle so very easy to park etc.
    With the back seats up there isn't a lot of boot space but you can split them and have one down to get a bit more room.
    I don't know about new but ours only has three anchor points in the middle row.
    We went to a dealer and they allowed us to put our seats in and test drive which was great. We only have two kids but their appears to be room for a third seat.
    We upgraded from an x trail and it was the best thing we ever did absolutely love it and the five year warranty is fantastic just take it back if something is wrong fixed for free. We have a fantastic dealer where we are and even though we bought elsewhere they always bend over backward to help.

Sent from my MB526 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We bought a 2014 turbo diesel model late last year and I love it. We don't use the back two seats though, we needed the cargo area for two Kelpies. We got the cargo barrier put in. Before the Santa Fe we had a 2013 Prado, there's not much difference in room in the back when you have all seats up as a 7 seater, but the Santa Fe has all the bells and whistles on the mid level model (Elite) in my opinion the Highlander wasn't worth the extra cash. We get about 567kms to a tank which is great and it's very very fuel efficient in the turbo diesel. I'm not sure about anchor points in the back two seats sorry...
    Pros (for our model) are that it has everything you need, sensors, auto lights, wipers, rear camera, great stereo, blue tooth etc. leather seats, gps, electric adjustable drivers seat etc. it is 4wd, it comes with 5 year warranty on all parts in the car (and I had a hyundai for work prior to this car and they were good at fixing any issue I had such as a frayed luggage screen in the back of my wagon), road side assist for a couple of years, this model only needs to be serviced once a year unlike other 4wds. My hubby loves 4WDs and loved his Prado - but we had to sell it as I can't drive an manual... he reckons the Prado had more room but I'd really say not much. I'd recommend them... but I'm really not sure as a 7 seater... the back two seats are those toddler type seats (same as prado) if you wanted a true 7 seater what about a Kia carnival, Honda Odyssey or Tarago?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies
    We prefer SUV over people movers lol. Our other option is the territory but it's out of budget

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to check it out today ( not a test drive but just wanted to see space irl) 3 anchor points in middle row.
    Now practical question how do people deal with the boot space with all seats in use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only have two kids but have on occasion used all seats to cart extra people around.
    On those occasions we just have a little target stroller that fits behind the seats and put stuff on the back floor as we only have young kids.
    Ours does have space to put a roof rack so maybe that would be an option if you are somewhat taller then me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylin Park View Post
    We only have two kids but have on occasion used all seats to cart extra people around.
    On those occasions we just have a little target stroller that fits behind the seats and put stuff on the back floor as we only have young kids.
    Ours does have space to put a roof rack so maybe that would be an option if you are somewhat taller then me

Ha ha I'm 5'2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If we have the dogs in the cargo area and are going away with the baby we look like the Beverley hillbillies with the pram in the front passenger seat and everything else shoved wherever it fits. I keep saying we should get one of those roof rack pods but we can't afford it right now