+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Get them snipped.

Breast feeding was AGONY before getting the ties snipped. Both my dds had tongue ties and dd2 also has upper lip tie.
    Yes! My son had a tongue tie and ruined one of my nipples! One was bigger than the other so for the smaller one i needed a nipple shield so he could latch onto it. I expressed from the sore nipple which was still painful but not as much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we had our sons tongue tie snipped at 3 weeks at the drs office. No anesthetic or anything needed, in fact he slept through the whole thing, only took the dr a minute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son had his snipped at just over four months. Until then I used shields - without these I would not have been able to keep breast feeding.

Once snipped it made a huge difference for me...still a bit painful on one particular side but once he re-learnt how to attach it got better.

When having it done he cried more due to being held down and having things in his mouth...his cry didn't really change when they snipped it. I wasn't watching and couldn't tell when they did it.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news, I used a shield for all feeds today with no pain! He doesn't completely drain the boob with it on but at least it's something as hand expressing wasn't enough. I can see the cracks already healing!
    Will it just keep tearing if I feed him again or do the nipples toughen up?

I'll book in with the dr tomorrow to see about getting his ties snipped, hope it's not too horrible for the poor little guy 😢

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stac84 For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep using the shield until you're a bit more healed and you get his ties snipped. Otherwise they'll just keep getting damaged.